Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Have we been linked? Fell in love with him about 6 years ago and told everyone he was going to be world class. Might have slightly over egged it but he’s better than anyone else I’ve seen mentioned.

No we haven't, I'm just trying to manifest it

He's got 12 months left at Lyon and apparently they want rid because he won't renew

A steady transfer window assuming we bring in a quality striker. Doesn't have Moshiri's fingerprints on it as it has been sensible. Here's hoping we can start moving forward now....

Has any promoted team ever spent as much as Forest have after getting promoted? (Assuming this goes through).
It's not just the amount they are spending (MGW would take them to 125m and they are apparently close to signing a 10m left back as well so 135), but the quantity of players they are signing, I think those two would take them to 14 new faces. How do you even begin to knit together 14 guys who have never met? And they are adding 14 premier league salaries. And I don't think they're done.

If they were spending the best part of 150m across a handful of players you could say that they were attempting to bring in the genuine quality needed to keep them in the league but spread across that many players they surely risk falling between two stools: spending a fortune, but still not necessarily getting players who are good enough.

Still, good luck to them, won't be dull I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.