Confirmed Signing Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked this in the transfer thread. Was told unequivocally that he can't play as a 2 and has to be as a 3. When they tried a 2, he "failed to thrive" so they went back to a 3. (By my research, they never played a 2 at all last season).

I'm putting it down as the same sort of nonsense as saying tarkowski can only play Dyche-ball.

Nah it's not nonsense. Ask the Wolves fans.

For right or wrong, all the signs point to us going with a back 3 for the time being anyway, so all this “he doesn’t work in a 2” is a bit of a moot point.

We also have other cb’s who can play in a 2 if it comes to it.

We have just lost two of our first choice centre backs 1 game into the season like. We don’t have time waiting for someone to learn the ropes.
Exactly. Not sure why some people don't seem to get that tbh. No time for messing around with this, a well experienced CB captain on loan with an option to buy is exactly what we need right now.

For right or wrong, all the signs point to us going with a back 3 for the time being anyway, so all this “he doesn’t work in a 2” is a bit of a moot point.

We also have other cb’s who can play in a 2 if it comes to it.
I dont think so mate.

This manager sees 3 at the back (5 in reality) as a curse he has to get free from.

Coady will play in a back 4 and we'll have our CM in place soon enough that can make that back four a reality.

Lampard wants shut of that negative set up ASAP.

Reactions: Lob

We know we need a striker ffs we get it but as it stands right now keanue and holgate start next week.

I dont think so mate.

This manager sees 3 at the back (5 in reality) as a curse he has to get free from.

Coady will play in a back 4 and we'll have our CM in place soon enough that can make that back four a reality.

Lampard wants shut of that negative set up ASAP.
Hope so mate. I look forward to seeing young Patterson utilised as a conventional right back.

Status
Not open for further replies.