New Everton Stadium Discussion

So does anyone know what the deal is with Victoria Tower?

The land / walkway that leads to the tower would be amazing if it was developed. I bet some food / drink places along there would help connect the stadium to the waterfront between Bramley Moore and the liver buildings… just thinking out loud.

Extra ways to disperse fans post match.

Confirmation this stadium isnt big enough.
West Ham have 62k there today with 55k STH.
Say what you like about cheap tickets but they won't stay cheap once they've increased the fan base.
Still a crap stadium mind !

Confirmation this stadium isnt big enough.
West Ham have 62k there today with 55k STH.
Say what you like about cheap tickets but they won't stay cheap once they've increased the fan base.
Still a crap stadium mind !

Well, if West Ham had to pay to build a new ground, in London, chances are they would cap it at sommet like 40000. Instead, they were given that crap bowl, and can give tickets away as a result.

Well, if West Ham had to pay to build a new ground, in London, chances are they would cap it at sommet like 40000. Instead, they were given that crap bowl, and can give tickets away as a result.
Oh i totally understand that , but the disadvantage still remains.

Oh i totally understand that , but the disadvantage still remains.

What? That BMD isnt big enough cos West Ham were given an athletics stadium?

We have a fixed price to build the Fourth Grace. Adding another 7000 seats just does not add up versus the cost those extra vanity seats would cost.

The place will be spectacular. Like Sydney Opera House spectacular. And I am reasonably sure that Birmingham NEC has more seats than that has.

What? That BMD isnt big enough cos West Ham were given an athletics stadium?

We have a fixed price to build the Fourth Grace. Adding another 7000 seats just does not add up versus the cost those extra vanity seats would cost.

The place will be spectacular. Like Sydney Opera House spectacular. And I am reasonably sure that Birmingham NEC has more seats than that has.
And your point is ? Cus your obviously missing mine.
All I'm saying is West Ham have an advantage on us !! Could well become another London club with a fan base to match or even better ours ?

All I'm saying is West Ham have an advantage on us !! Could well become another London club with a fan base to match or even better ours ?

West Ham have had a large fan base for years. Not a patch on ours though. The only advantage I can see is they can sell/give tickets away cheaply cos they play in a rented bowl.

Most football fans dont/cant attend home games, for any club. Witness when random lower league clubs get a home cup match against us, or the RS. Or get to a Wembley final in their lower league cup thing, or a play off.

I doubt very few "New" West Ham fans have been seduced by their silky play or recent "success." They can get to the game cheaply though. If/when they get relegated, that bowl with 30000 in it will be a laughing stock.

It’s been widely discussed how the additional seats required to take to 60,000 would have been prohibitively expensive - far more per seat.

For the club to pay for those seats, it would require a large additional cost that’d eventually be paid for by an increased admission price for all.

That’s counter-productive if the projections are correct. Instead, we’re hoping for a change in the standing regulations, which is sensible.

West Ham have had a large fan base for years. Not a patch on ours though. The only advantage I can see is they can sell/give tickets away cheaply cos they play in a rented bowl.

Most football fans dont/cant attend home games, for any club. Witness when random lower league clubs get a home cup match against us, or the RS. Or get to a Wembley final in their lower league cup thing, or a play off.

I doubt very few "New" West Ham fans have been seduced by their silky play or recent "success." They can get to the game cheaply though. If/when they get relegated, that bowl with 30000 in it will be a laughing stock.
That's a better reply ! And I do hope you're right.

That's a better reply ! And I do hope you're right.

I just dont get the correlation between the two grounds giving West Ham an advantage.

Like, most youngsters follow the club their Dad does. Or, if not, they will pick a flavour of the month one. In other words, I cant imagine a Chelsea fan taking his lads to West Ham cos its cheap. They will pick up some, granted, tourists in the main I guess.

And I cant see some lad from Merica or Asia plumping for them ahead of the darlings, cos the ground is full.