Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little snippet on the end here that West Ham are tracking Brereton Diaz, surely that's one we could be looking at, seems like a more suitable replacement than a winger who can play forward like Cornet. Sort of one we could look at acting quickly on.

Without wishing to take the club's side, and incur the inevitable opprobrium that will follow, the DCL situation is why all possible targets aren't acquired early. There needs to a a pot of unspent money, although pencilled in for player X or Y, a which is still available till the last minute, to be redirected toward filling in for a late, pre-season injury to a key player. Maybe now we won't be looking to buy a backup striker, but someone who can do the job reasonably for half a, season, even if it means utilising cash that had been intended for an extra midfielder, for example.

Without wishing to take the club's side, and incur the inevitable opprobrium that will follow, the DCL situation is why all possible targets aren't acquired early. There needs to a a pot of unspent money, although pencilled in for player X or Y, a which is still available till the last minute, to be redirected toward filling in for a late, pre-season injury to a key player. Maybe now we won't be looking to buy a backup striker, but someone who can do the job reasonably for half a, season, even if it means utilising cash that had been intended for an extra midfielder, for example.
I said the other day it seemed to me when it came to strikers we probably have registered our interest in Broja and are now playing the waiting game while Chelsea decide on their options. It's not necessarily a sign of sloppy or incompetent business to have not concluded all our transfers with a month to go, it can simply be a case of patience waiting to land the number one target. With the news of DCL though we obviously need to put a bit more pressure on Chelsea or move on to alternatives.

Personally think given our financial situation and the fact the DCL ended last season healthy it is perfectly understandable that we didn't rush out to buy a striker. Yes I'd prefer if Rondon wasn't the backup but it is one of those times you have to lie in the bed you made and he was going to be in the squad this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.