2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
There isn't any doubts

Everton do want another striker

So far they have failed to get one

It's like a bloke on Tinder trying to get laid. Just because he doesn't get laid, doesn't mean he isn't trying.

Not speaking from personal experience of course... I used Hinge
When I can't get laid via Tinder I fly to South East Asia and get my pick of the ladies.

Why can't Everton update their search settings to outside of the UK to catch a fish?

And so, it begins.

Seriously though - this is when our lack of depth kills us. DCL is turning out to be made of shoe pastry and we're going to have to rely on The Don to get us out of this temporary (hopefully) mess.

You couldn't write some of the bad luck we get. If he starts appearing in the latest round of Nivea ads, someone needs to have a word.

….DCL is not a divvy, he’s a very decent young man & a fine striker.

Saint that, you’re right, we can’t go into the season with DCL/Rondon as our central striker options.
...but we are...because the clever people who make decisions at the club have thought they could actually rely on a player who couldn't show up for the heat of a relegation battle last season will somehow turn into Richard the Lionheart this season to lead the line.

How anyone makes excuses for that sham player I dont know.

A no show when we needed a striker last season.

Thank the Lord we had Richarlison or we'd have been in the Championship right now...where Calvert-Lewin really should be ploughing his trade in all honesty.
Soz to be a camel's buttock, but 'plying', unless you consider his game so simplistic and unsophisticated as to qualify as agricultural.

Well who didn’t see this coming? Scraped over the line without an out and out striker last season due to Richarlison. And now we don’t even have him. This scenario was always on the cards and this criminal board have sleepwalked right into it. Priority A and B this summer was a replacement for Richarlison and another striker. Yet here we are faffing on again.

It’s ok though because as we were told many times last season on here, injuries aren’t an excuse for poor performances

Just throw the players out in 433, be progressive, and not play Rondon and we’ll probably be qualifying for Europe….or something like that…

In the real world this is a huge blow and one that will have to force our hand in the transfer market now. The only possible positive is that a target might fancy themselves as being first choice now rather than sitting on the bench.

...but we are...because the clever people who make decisions at the club have thought they could actually rely on a player who couldn't show up for the heat of a relegation battle last season will somehow turn into Richard the Lionheart this season to lead the line.

…even if DCL was fit and well, we’d need an effective back-up, but he’s physically fragile so we need better than back-up. I’d be amazed if a serious alternative striker isn’t brought in.

it makes the difference in us staying up or going down.

Status
Not open for further replies.