• Yes

Votes: 834 79.7%
  • No

Votes: 212 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need athleticism in the middle, we are far too slow there and vulnerable on the counter. I can understand the fans wanting him back, for me I am disappointed as it stinks of sentimental romanticism that has plagued the club for years. It’s a bit jarring imho.

I know money is a big issue here and the people responsible for that, I’m just disappointed there doesn’t seem to be other options, younger, quicker , better on the ball.
I'm sure there are other options but they cost too much so we can use what funds we have left for attacking reinforcements.

I'm sure there are other options but they cost too much so we can use what funds we have left for attacking reinforcements.

I understand that, I think the middle of the park is imperative to improve on tho mate and the best sides have it. I’m not saying he’s a bad player of course, he isn’t, I just feel we need some young athleticism in there along with a good eye for a pass, quick thinking and strong. Gana is strong and reads the game well, we need just a bit more than that imo.

1AD1C59D-A5F0-433A-A8FC-4EC59F14A6FD.jpeg

E5436535-4E1E-49F8-99A7-0AF7BBA6B820.jpeg

I understand that, I think the middle of the park is imperative to improve on tho mate and the best sides have it. I’m not saying he’s a bad player of course, he isn’t, I just feel we need some young athleticism in there along with a good eye for a pass, quick thinking and strong. Gana is strong and reads the game well, we need just a bit more than that imo.
It seems like we after 2 midfielders with Gueye being the defensive one and the other being the type you describe. All depends on what money we have left but we need to get more goals into the team and I think all the remaining money should go on that.

Does Gueye still have any legs
If anyone at that age does, it is Gana. I also think we have very few options and having an 85% Gana of 2018, is 84.99% better than what we would throw out there right now in the midfield. He was quality enough at age 32 to start 5 of PSG's 8 Champions League matches this past year, I am sure he will be very good for us at age 33.

Last edited:
anyone watched PSG last year? Is Gueye still the machine in the middle we had? Must admit, I haven’t watched them in the league or the CL, but if he’s still at the level when he left, I’d love him back to add some bite into the midfield. Him, Gilmour, Doucoure and Allan to rotate just looks a lot better when considering more defensive/engine options to allow Gordon, McNeil, Iwobi and then Gray and Alli to be more adventurous up top

Status
Not open for further replies.