Confirmed Signing Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows if it is a Lampard signing, or Thelwell, or Bill, or Moshiri.

One thing we do know is the club have made it an art form on how to waste money.

Let’s hope I’m wrong, and he becomes our biggest attacking threat.
So you actually think Bill or Mosh could be scouting these deals? Incredible.

If Frank and Thelwell are making the decision on bringing in McNeil, albeit restricted by a tight budget, don't you think they have a better clue than we do about what they are looking to achieve mate?

This is why I don't get this amateur statistical analysis that writes him off before he's kicked a ball for us. What's the actual point?

One thing is for certain: the five subs rule should allow McNeil, Gray and Gordon to all get significant time on the field. Hopefully all three of them can improve on their output compared to last season.

The pressure is on McNeil from the outset though - we're in a financial nightmare and we're desperately lacking in central midfield, yet we've just committed upwards of £15m to buying a left wing when we already have two. If we somehow reinforce the CMs then the risk subsides somewhat, but if not....

The more I think about this transfer, the more I wonder if Lampard sees him as a box to box midfield player eventually. He is a good tackler with decent defensive instincts, runs well with the ball, has a good engine on him and presses well high up the pitch. He can also recieve the ball in tight situations, turn and drive forward or pick a forward pass.

One thing is for certain: the five subs rule should allow McNeil, Gray and Gordon to all get significant time on the field. Hopefully all three of them can improve on their output compared to last season.

The pressure is on McNeil from the outset though - we're in a financial nightmare and we're desperately lacking in central midfield, yet we've just committed upwards of £15m to buying a left wing when we already have two. If we somehow reinforce the CMs then the risk subsides somewhat, but if not....
We have Gordon and Gray as well as McNeil who can play on both wings, why is McNeil under pressure? Not even a certainty he’s been brought to us to play on the left

The more I think about this transfer, the more I wonder if Lampard sees him as a box to box midfield player eventually. He is a good tackler with decent defensive instincts, runs well with the ball, has a good engine on him and presses well high up the pitch. He can also recieve the ball in tight situations, turn and drive forward or pick a forward pass.

Waste of his ability to beat a man and excellent crossing.

We've been lacking in midfield under 3 managers. The last one brought in 7 players and no midfielders, including spending £30mill on 2 fullbacks (and we need another one, and got a 2nd left back recently). Lampard brought in DVB on loan who played 3 games.

I'd be shocked if we don't get another 2 midfielders in this window.

So you actually think Bill or Mosh could be scouting these deals? Incredible.

If Frank and Thelwell are making the decision on bringing in McNeil, albeit restricted by a tight budget, don't you think they have a better clue than we do about what they are looking to achieve mate?

This is why I don't get this amateur statistical analysis that writes him off before he's kicked a ball for us. What's the actual point?

This has led to a rebuild every time a new manager was hired, usually with owner intervention, spending money frivolously and without a long-term plan.

“I was fighting to make a player contract of 50,000 a week 45,000 a week because that fit better in the wage structure and matched the quality of the player,” Brands added.

“And then the owner called, saying that he had been sitting with another player and that he could come for 175,000 a week. Then you say: ‘What’s that going to do in the dressing room? He earns three times as much as the others.’

I'm not sure, when you see how badly we are struggling for a midfielder who can get on the ball and move upfield consistently. Inan ideal world, of course, we bring a player in who can do that, but,if we can't, I would not be surprised to see McNeil used there.
This will be Iwobi's role

Status
Not open for further replies.