• Yes

Votes: 834 79.7%
  • No

Votes: 212 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he’s anything like he was before he left, he’ll be a huge improvement and offer huge protection to a poor defence. All for it. He played more champion league games last season than his replacement has played games for Everton haha.

Anyway, just let me dust off my usual phrase:

As an openly gay man myself…

I was disappointed when I heard about the whole affair regarding him and the rainbow laces thing as he’s a player I really enjoyed watching at this club and it isn’t nice to find out that someone you like possibly holds opinions about your sexuality that could be ‘unsavoury’

That said, as far as I know he’s kept these opinions to himself and if not for the laces thing, no one would be the wiser.

If we were talking about an outburst along the lines of Andre Gray or Ivan Rakatic then I’d be furious if we decided to sign them.

As for Gana, not so much. I’m still disappointed in him though.

I don’t know much about his “baggage” but I would hope that Lampard and the club would only bring the right characters into the squad.

We will see, I guess.

He said some dumb things but that doesn't make him a bad footballer..

Still, knowing our luck, we'll be getting him when he's not so good.
I mean it's not like he's said dumb things by mistake, those are his beliefs

And considering the Premier League and Everton has similar pro LGBT initiatives to what caused the controversy at PSG, they are absolutely relevant to the prospect of him representing us once again

He is a past it homophobe..very unimaginative signing, returns are rarely successfully. no thanks

Was he playing good recently? His age bothers me, but then how old was Barry when we signed him? A lot scoffed at that signing, including me.

Imagine we sign him and he doesn't play for us in a game like he did at PSG because we are showing our support to all our LGBT fans and against discrimination

The shame it would bring on the club, the disrespect to all our LGBT fans

PSG are a club owned by bloody Qatar. There is no excuses . You can disagree silently but you are being paid millions to represent a club and organisations with certain values and that comes with the job.

Voted no.

We need a defensive minded midfielder yes but one with more athleticism, better eye for a pass forward.

I know the restrictions, I’d just like to think there may be other options out there particularly in the loan market. This to me reeks of that romanticism/sentimental thinking that more often than not doesn’t get us anywhere yet refuses to go away.

Ive read fellow blues who have wanted Gerard Deulofeu back, I don’t understand it at all. Each to their own I guess.

Anyway, just let me dust off my usual phrase:

As an openly gay man myself…

I was disappointed when I heard about the whole affair regarding him and the rainbow laces thing as he’s a player I really enjoyed watching at this club and it isn’t nice to find out that someone you like possibly holds opinions about your sexuality that could be ‘unsavoury’

That said, as far as I know he’s kept these opinions to himself and if not for the laces thing, no one would be the wiser.

If we were talking about an outburst along the lines of Andre Gray or Ivan Rakatic then I’d be furious if we decided to sign them.

As for Gana, not so much. I’m still disappointed in him though.
It's a tricky one for sure. As a Gana fan, I was disappointed by his views regarding the rainbow laces as well.

But compared to others and their outbursts like you mentioned, it's more of a sadness/disappointed than outrage for me.

To me, the Gana situation speaks more to the perils of dogmatic Western religions than the hatefulness of the man himself. For me, if we could take away the dogma from his religion, you'd be able to speak to the man with an open heart. I understand that for some, you cannot separate one from the another. I get that. But I place the blame more on the dogma than the man in this specific case.

Status
Not open for further replies.