Confirmed Signing Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least he's relative young, can whip a good ball in and is an effective dribbler, a few years ago he was exciting last season was poor for him but then he's at Burnley they are a defensive team with limited forwards. Not excited but I'm more on board with this signing than Gana and Barkley which for me are lazy steps backwards

At least he's relative young, can whip a good ball in and is an effective dribbler, a few years ago he was exciting last season was poor for him but then he's at Burnley they are a defensive team with limited forwards. Not excited but I'm more on board with this signing than Gana and Barkley which for me are lazy steps backwards

Same. I thought he looked a really good player around 19. Only 22 now so good chance he can still be a success.
Shamefully already getting written off i see by some.

Dont mind a signing like this. Has shown good potential. Good age.

I could be wrong but didn’t dyche drop him from the Burnley starting team before he got the chop and was playing Lennon instead then Mike Jackson started him and Burnley started to pick up wins and look better offensively?

If he's starting ahead of Gray, we are then banking on him scoring more than 5 goals and 5 assists a season as thats what Gray offers. That's without even replacing Richarlison still.

Would the squad be more balanced? Yes.
Would the squad look better? At this stage no, it would be still be weaker as I wouldn't be banking on Mcneil to start weighing in with 8+ goals which is what's needed.
I'd be ok if he got us 10 assists without scoring himself, then Gray could get his 5 goals as a supersub. But then, I'm easily pleased.

I think the whole outright pace thing is a little simplistic. We have Gordon, Gray and DCL so we are hardly lacking. If Lampard can have the Iwobi effect on Dwight then he could really be a good addition to the squad. Still though our DM shortfall really needs addressing with some urgency.

Can I just ask..

Why is a 22 year old wide player's goals & assist stats being compared to that of a striker?? apples & oranges surely?

His CCp90 is still pretty good and his overall output really isn't that far away from a certain young scouser already at the club whom many seem to rate..
He's kept less clean-sheets than Pickford too. Disgraceful signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.