• Yes

Votes: 834 79.7%
  • No

Votes: 212 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your last sentence is entirely your opinion. They are opposed to the beliefs Ganna holds, ergo, you are both correct with your own opinions.

The nasty attack though stating that he is a known homophobe. Really? They are regarding his, sic, 'idiotic' (???) religious beliefs. Hmmm. Your conclusion that his views are discriminatory and totally incorrect actually come across with bile and with much bigotry. Why? because they differ from yours?

I was brought up not caring about the colour, or gender, or religious beliefs, or nationality, or sexual preferences, or political viewpoint, or even which football team they supported, providing they were a good person. Blimey, there are a number of Evertonians I would not break bread with because of their obvious bias regarding various subjects.

So, we all have opinions. You have yours and he has his, it's just I think your venomous attack is uncalled for.

pity gueye didnt have the same upbringing

I'm a Union man. If they choose not to thats fine, but their pay should be docked. Simple really. You can't exactly force them to play because they won't try. Then what do you do, sack a £20 million asset for not fulfilling their duty?
But if I were in charge of Everton, and God willing one day I will be with @davek as manager and yourself as Head of Advertising, I'd not be looking to sign a player or use up a loan spot on a player who might decide a vital game is not for them because of homophobic views.

I wonder if Salah or any of the muslim players would refuse to wear it on account of their religion (because at a bias guess religion is the root of the issue here I think).

There are a lot of hardcore Jeezy Chreezy peeps who are not exactly pro LGBTQ++ too.

So it comes down to enforcing a set of beliefs on people, does an individual have the right to not believe in something? 1930's Germany people got put in prison for not wearing the swastika (I'm not comparing Naziism to LGBTQ++ btw)... so it's more than LGBTQ++ here, it's an individuals right to self determination of their beliefs vs society.

As I say, it's a more complex issue.

example - Can society force you to wear a RS shirt because everyone else supports them? is it fair to force you to wear that shirt & ostracise you if you don't??
There's absolutely a discussion to be had about society vs the rights of an individual and I accept that Gana, in this example, has one set of beliefs because of where he's from, but lives and works in a society where there is a completely opposing set of beliefs

The issue here is that homophobia is illegal in this country. Gana may not have been outright homophobic, but as a high profile figure what he has done is a gnats wing away from it.

The day in France he refused to recognise was International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia and Transphobia.

The issue the lad has is that his belief system is abhorrent to western culture. It's all well and good saying that we should be the ones who should be tolerant of his position, but that's a slippery slope of an argument. What if there was a country who supported child rape or something equally horrendous? If we have a day against it here, are we really saying it's fine for a high profile individual from that country to visibly undermine it here?

End of the day, there are nuances to the argument but we've reached a point in western society where we can't tolerate this sort of thing now and as a football club we 100% can't be at the centre of it

You obviously haven't a family member who qualifies for facial reconstruction surgery after being assaulted by people who have this 'opinion'.

These opinions filter down and empowers and enables lowlife who think they have 'right' on their side.

Your 'bigotry' comparison is, quite frankly, shocking!
An opinion has never required remedial action. You are confusing 'opinion' with the religious beliefs of a person.
Remedial action comes about by overt bigots who are easily identified and should be avoided at all costs.

My sincere sympathies lie with your entire family as I do not understand, let alone condone, anybody who would carry out such a hate attack.

Your last sentence is entirely your opinion. They are opposed to the beliefs Ganna holds, ergo, you are both correct with your own opinions.

The nasty attack though stating that he is a known homophobe. Really? They are regarding his, sic, 'idiotic' (???) religious beliefs. Hmmm. Your conclusion that his views are discriminatory and totally incorrect actually come across with bile and with much bigotry. Why? because they differ from yours?

I was brought up not caring about the colour, or gender, or religious beliefs, or nationality, or sexual preferences, or political viewpoint, or even which football team they supported, providing they were a good person. Blimey, there are a number of Evertonians I would not break bread with because of their obvious bias regarding various subjects.

So, we all have opinions. You have yours and he has his, it's just I think your venomous attack is uncalled for.

My opinion is that any ideology promoting a dislike or hatred of another group based on their sexuality or any other factor that literally can’t be controlled by a person is inherently wrong. I didn’t realise that was a controversial position to take.

“Everyone’s entitled to their own opinions” is the new “political correctness has gone mad” is it?

pity gueye didnt have the same upbringing
The biggest pity is that too many didn't.

I know this is his thread, but why is he the one who is wrong? These beliefs were written many, many centuries ago and have been passed down through the ages. Has belief become such a 'dirty' word now?

I know this is his thread, but why is he the one who is wrong? These beliefs were written many, many centuries ago and have been passed down through the ages. Has belief become such a 'dirty' word now?

well if you believe a person is a lower form of life because of how they were born it should be a dirty word obviously

Slavery is accepted as perfectly fine in the Old Testament

Are you suggesting this is something we could debate is right or wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.