Confirmed Signing Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
His defensive stats are very good tbf, see no reason why he couldn’t do it. Won’t have done it at Burnley due to the way they set up.

Honestly see him doing well playing furthest forward in a midfield 3 the way Iwobi did back end of last season. His close control, strength and ability on the ball look made for it.
I agree

Name 5 of those so many better options that are willing to come to us?

Decent player who is still young, can spot a pass and holds the ball well, and is arguably their best player. Am I chuffed? Nah. Is it alright? Yeah.
Willing to join Everton - well I have no idea about that.

5 players from the top of my head:

Gibbs White is a player I have rated for a couple of years so I was delighted to see Everton linked with him but looks like that ship has sailed.

Cornet - actually produces end product with goals and assists at the same dour club as McNeil.

Pulisic - is he available? Lampard brought the best out of him.

Dennis - more productivity in the final third than McNeil.

Schlupp - versatile, has a goal in him, he has a brain and would be cheap.

McNeil - last 74 league games. 2 goals. 6 assists. If he would cost £5 million or less then I can live with it. But, if they are actually paying £15 million+ I will probably be physically sick. The way he played under Lampard, McNeil isn't starting ahead of Iwobi so I guess they are thinking about how important it is to use 5 subs during a game.

I've warmed to the idea throughout the day tbh. We want players who are young and hungry with plenty of headroom for improvement and profit, and it's rare to find someone who at 22 is all that but also has 130 odd games of PL experience. It sounds like the price and deal structure are pretty reasonable too.

I don't know why we would have a player who's main strength is apparently crossing have to play on the side where he has to cut in.

Makes very little sense that.
Yeah this is kind of where I’m at with it. It’s not that I think he’s awful or anything, I just can’t see where he fits in, or what solutions he offers to the multitude of problems we have. If we play inverse wingers it seems to negate the threat of DCL somewhat, if we play traditional wide players we effectively can’t play a back 5 which we seemed to be leaning towards. It just doesn’t seem like an obvious signing to me (apart from the fact that it’s a very obvious signing if you know what I mean).

Willing to join Everton - well I have no idea about that.

5 players from the top of my head:

Gibbs White is a player I have rated for a couple of years so I was delighted to see Everton linked with him but looks like that ship has sailed.

Cornet - actually produces end product with goals and assists at the same dour club as McNeil.

Pulisic - is he available? Lampard brought the best out of him.

Dennis - more productivity in the final third than McNeil.

Schlupp - versatile, has a goal in him, he has a brain and would be cheap.

McNeil - last 74 league games. 2 goals. 6 assists. If he would cost £5 million or less then I can live with it. But, if they are actually paying £15 million+ I will probably be physically sick. The way he played under Lampard, McNeil isn't starting ahead of Iwobi so I guess they are thinking about how important it is to use 5 subs during a game.

Hes clearly more talented than all of them bar MGW.

Status
Not open for further replies.