Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just relegate us now.

I am just utterly, utterly outraged.

Yet, if we are going to buy from Burnley, we won't pay Cornet's release fee supposedly.

So, is McNeil is to be our Richarlison replacement?? A player who does not score, does not assist, has no pace and no stamina. This will actually overtake Tosun as the worst signing we have ever made. I am beyond livid. It is better to not sign anyone than sign a player this bad ????????

???

Head has proper gone and it might not even be true.

McNeil would have made sense under Benitez but not so much under Lampard who likes his wingers to play a bit more as forwards.

I think he's a decent player but not what we need and would be an underwhelming signing for me tbh

I really don't think McNeil is anywhere as bad as some are making out on here.
You’re right. He’s not a bad footballer but he is coming off the back of a poor year. If the fee was reasonable i.e. £10m he might be worth a punt. Problem is they’d probably want double that.
McNeil would have made sense under Benitez but not so much under Lampard who likes his wingers to play a bit more as forwards.

I think he's a decent player but not what we need and would be an underwhelming signing for me tbh
This is the nearest post I’ve seen to a balanced view really. It’s not one to get excited about but for the right fee could end up a decent gamble. He’s a good dribbler and crosser.

???

Head has proper gone and it might not even be true.
Percy is pretty reliable. And I really can't stand McNeil. He's one of the main reasons Benitez had to go for me. Benitez was determined to sign him and he's such a poor player. There isn't one thing he would bring to this team and we are wasting very limited budget on a player who should not be starting ahead of Gray, Gordon, Townsend or Iwobi - none of whom are good enough if we are honest.

This is a proper shambles.

Is there much difference between Gray and McNeil? I certainly wouldn't say McNeil is any better. Especially when we are in more desperate need of a midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.