Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the idiom goes it's 'The sum of the parts'. Players do not have to be individually spectacular as long as they fit into the team and collectively make it stronger. It comes down to the system we play/adopt and whether those players are able to implement it. Seems we have spent far too much on the wrong type of individuals in the recent past who have simply failed to fulfil that task so I am happy to let Frank and his team get on with it and if Vinegre is considered to be the type of player we need then so be it. Ultimately, it's his future and credibility as a Manager/Coach that's on the line.

I actually like the profile of players so far. Both have something to prove, might actually want to be here, and fill gaps in our squad.

Makes a change from us overpaying for players we don’t need in positions already well stocked or buying players who are only here for a certain manager or a massive pay packet or to be in the shop window for a bigger club.

As the idiom goes it's 'The sum of the parts'. Players do not have to be individually spectacular as long as they fit into the team and collectively make it stronger. It comes down to the system we play/adopt and whether those players are able to implement it. Seems we have spent far too much on the wrong type of individuals in the recent past who have simply failed to fulfil that task so I am happy to let Frank and his team get on with it and if Vinegre is considered to be the type of player we need then so be it. Ultimately, it's his future and credibility as a Manager/Coach that's on the line.
Although some may disagree, I've always felt that we've had a fair number of reasonably talented players or at least not as bad as people have made out.

The issue has been we've lacked an identify or a style of play, which was made worse by chopping and changing managers and no transfer strategy.

As you put it, as long as the players come in and fit into and improve the system, I'll be happy; the days of Moyes and his shrewdness would be welcomed.

It would seem to be a fairly obvious, sensible move (unless he's on mega wages). He's only got a year left though so PSG would probably prefer to sell.

I'd love to see him back on loan.
Although he's nearly thirty-three, I think his presence in our midfield would be a catalyst for us actually being able to get into games.

It's sad that we've never replaced him, when he left over three years ago.

I didn't claim he WAS leaving. I'm referring to the fact that several of our CMs are clearly not very good and therefore we'd presumably be open to bids on a couple of them.
Probably been open to bids all summer but they are so bad we haven't had any.

I didn't claim he WAS leaving. I'm referring to the fact that several of our CMs are clearly not very good and therefore we'd presumably be open to bids on a couple of them.
They are all rubbish though and nobody will buy them, I mean Gomes could probably get a move if it were not for his ridiculous wages, there certainly seems to be interest. The rest are just not up to the level, Davies for example will end up at a Burnley or Sheff Utd within the next few years imo.

nothing does with this farce of a club we all love zat

the mcdonald’s owner could run us better
220px-MG_8571_(19492588742)_(cropped).jpg

I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.