Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Dave; Mykelenko will not be replacing Patterson at right wing back
He could play in behind him. Then again, so could Coleman.

I've seen enough to realise Patterson is an adition to the wingers we have at the club, not the defence.

I can’t believe that we’re so close to the start of the season and aside from Tarkowski we’ve actually worsened the strongest 11 of a team that almost got relegated. Worse still the only talk now is another backup full back on loan and a midfielder that wouldn’t come near us because we almost certainly can’t afford him.

It’s so frustrating that we haven’t done a single thing. Seems like we’re waiting for Kean and Juve to sort themselves out and going from there but I can’t understand how this club is being run like this. It’s actually heartbreaking.

We are in desperate need of a central midfielder and winger that will start for us every week but everything’s that’s come out recently suggests we’re barely looking at it, Cornet and this lad from Betis are literally the only 2 links we’ve had all summer that made any sort of sense in terms of our urgency and it’s almost August, after our pre season tour ffs.

I just wanna enjoy football and this football club again, I want us to all have a laugh about who this next mystery signing is or being able to say “oh he’s class I hope we are in for him” and go into the season with any sort of optimism that we’ll actually win a game based on our ability and entertaining the fans.

Instead we’re sat here, days before the season, hoping for literally any player that’s played the game at any level to walk through the door and probably straight into the first 11, knowing full well that we’re probably in for another long draining season filled with anger, discontent and disappointment, all the while every fan can see right through the absolute disgraceful way that the club is being run. One of the greatest clubs in the history of English football is being run into the ground, everyone can see it but no one cares, except us and there’s quite frankly nothing that we can realistically do to stop it.

It’s incredibly depressing.

This makes sense - a new FB in.

Mykolenko could easily provide another option on the other flank, getting forward and coming in on his left.

It opens up different formations.

Vinagre is the utility defensive player I said I wouldn’t be surprised we went for earlier in the window when we were linked to Walker Peters.

We’ve got one tried and tested Pl standard fullback in Mykolenko, he’s backed up by Nkonkou who’s a complete unknown at this level. On the other side it’s Coleman who should be retired and Patterson who is raw.

A dependable player who can cover across the fullback positions would be a decent addition. One injury to Mykolenko currently and it’s Nkonkou Godfrey or Iwobi playing lwb.

George Michael

Andrew Ridgeley

Pepsi & Shirlie

Gavin Bazunu -
Daniel McDonnell ** Cameron Carter-Vickers - Larry Henry Jr ** Jack Harrison - Graeme Bailey ** Valentin Castellanos - tuttomercatoweb ** Conor Gallagher - Dean Jones ** Armando Broja - Dean Jones ** Miguel Almiron - Roberto Rojas ** Levi Colwill - Ekrem Konur ** Eric Ramires - SportsWitness ** Palhinha - RecordPT ** Chris Maxwell - LancsLive ** Cheick Doucoure - Charlie Parker-Turner ** Christian Eriksen - Simon Jones ** Brennan Johnson - Miguel Delaney ** Kalidou Koulibaly - Dylan Walsh ** Clement Lenglet - @Sport ** Kristoffer Ajer - The Athletic ** James Garner - The Athletic ** Manor Solomon - tuttomercatoweb ** Adrien Truffert - RMC ** Kim Min-Jae - Sabah Gazetesi ** Ben Mee - MirrorAnderson ** Jesse Lingard - La Gazzetta dello Sport ** Billy Gilmour - Paul Brown ** Stephy Mavididi - FabrizioRomano ** Luka Milivojevic - sportimegreece ** Steven Bergwijn - Simon Jones ** Ruben Loftus-Cheek - Adrian Kajumba ** Adama Traore - Football Insider ** Juan Cuadrado - calciomercato ** Georginio Rutter - BenjWin ** Jamie Cumming - Simon Phillips ** Luka Jovic - Teamtalk ** Otávio - Eljogo ** Matheus Nunes - footmercato ** Zaidu Sanusi - Record_Portugal ** Dwight McNeil - Graeme Bailey ** Hamza Choudhury - Tom Hopkinson ** Owen Wijndal - @MikeVerweij ** Pape Abou Cissé - Ekrem Konur ** Andrey Santos - Le10Sport ** Luca Pellegrini - Corriere dello ** Georginio Wijnaldum - psvreport ** Tino Anjorin - Simon Phillips ** Lucas Moura - Matt Law ** Tanguy Ndombele - Greame Bailey ** Matt Doherty - Greame Bailey ** Jack Clarke - Greame Bailey ** Joe Rodon - Alex Crook ** El Bilal Toure - Greame Bailey ** Keane Lewis-Potter - El Bobble ** Harry Winks - Matt Law ** Oleksandr Zinchenko - The Athletic ** Tyler Adams - Bild ** Andrea Belotti - Daily Mail ** Luis Sinisterra - telegraaf ** Mohamed Bayo - footmercato ** Emmanuel Dennis - @louorns ** Rodrigo Becão - Rich Jones ** Amadou Onana - El Bobble ** Japhet Tanganga - @Glongari ** Kyle Walker-Peters - Maddocks ** Charles De Ketelaere - Gazzetta dello Sport ** Edin Dzeko - La Gazzetta dello Sport ** Anass Salah Edinne - Mike Verweij ** Benjamin Bourigeaud - tuttomercatoweb **Marcus Tavernier - Greame Bailey ** Jean-Clair Todibo -Nice_Matin **Arnaud Kalimuendo - Graeme Bailey ** Aster Vranckx - Loic Tanzi ** Layvin Kurzawa - mediafoot - Adnan Januzaj - AS.com ** Leander Dendoncker - FabrizioRomano ** Ross Barkley - siphillipssport ** Morgan Gibbs-White - @SportsPeteO ** Maxwell Cornet -Mike McGrath ** Guido Rodríguez - CLMerlo ** Ruben Vinagre - bancadadeleao **

2fHq.gif

Simon Le Bon
James Tarkowski - Matt Law

Vinagre is the utility defensive player I said I wouldn’t be surprised we went for earlier in the window when we were linked to Walker Peters.

We’ve got one tried and tested Pl standard fullback in Mykolenko, he’s backed up by Nkonkou who’s a complete unknown at this level. On the other side it’s Coleman who should be retired and Patterson who is raw.

A dependable player who can cover across the fullback positions would be a decent addition. One injury to Mykolenko currently and it’s Nkonkou Godfrey or Iwobi playing lwb.
Exactly right.

That's the way we should see it. It makes perfect sense. I'll say this too: I wouldn't be at all surprised if we get another CB who can play as FB.

Niels has one year left. He's very suspect.

If we can bring Vinagre in who can play LB, LW, LWB it allows Myko to rotate and Niels to get sold or sign new deal then go out and learn his trade.
We need a CDM and a forward ahead of this position. We do at least have a LB and players players who can fill in there.

If we have a very limited budget, then this is not where I would start. It would be El Ghazi again.

Status
Not open for further replies.