#27 Years/NSNOW/#AllTogetherNow Fan Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's more chance of Chorley FM taking it seriously than any national media outlet; unless its for a mickey mouse soundbite/clickbait purposes (I suppose even the DailyMail needs ideas to meet its 152 articles a day for the riffraff quota somehow). Happy to be proven wrong, happy to bet the hierarchy didn't even know it took place.
Sky Sports News were there as was at least a photographer from the Echo.

I`ve seen all the messages from the campaign, they have called for people attending to leave the statues, Goodison and the memorials alone, no defacing.

IF this happens this will be down to the individual and not the campaign as they are doing their best to communicate defacing anything is unacceptable.
All those that attended today behaved impeccably ?

We had one before but he wasn’t allowed to do his job!

You're joking aren't ye?

Elstone was another of Kenwright's cronies who both was out of his depth at Everton and didn't have the same understanding and ambition for the club that
we have as fans. This is why the new ground is just 52,888. This is the whole point of people wanting change. The people at the club are far too
detached from the fans. They're weak. They're not taking the club forward. The club stagnates and rots with them in charge. They're stale. It is time for change. Time for a new angle. Because of the time that has passed in the last 20/30 years we're no longer one of the big hitters. I accept that. Now let's get a board/chairman/owner that is fit to take us on the the level we used to be at.

Last edited:
Not gonna lie, I expected more people to turn up.

Hats off to the blues who participated, unfortunely the chances are the club really aren't too phased by it..
Bear in mind there were no buses running today, it was raining and it is holiday season, the turnout was okay. Behaved impeccably, displayed the banners and made good points to the media in attendance… and voiced support for the manager.

You're joking aren't ye?

Elstone was another of Kenwright's cronies who both was out of his depth at Everton and didn't have the same understanding and ambition for the club that
we have as fans. This is why the new ground is just 52,888. This is the whole point of people wanting change. The people at the club are far too
detached from the fans. They're weak. They're not taking the club forward. The club stagnates and rots with them in charge. They're stale. It is time for change. Time for a new angle. Because of the time that has passed in the last 20/30 years we're no longer one of the big hitters. I accept that. No let's get a board/chairman/owner that is fit to take us on the the level we used to be at.
No. I know for a fact he wasn’t able to do his job due to interference from other board members.

The 27 minute group are also wrong in their calculation at not protesting before the Kiev game too.

That let's the board off the hook when all eyes will be on that game.

There's no reason a protest cant take place before that game. It wouldn't be insensitive at all.
Protesting at the Kyiv game would be detrimental and wide open to criticism as detracting from the aim of showing support for the people of Ukraine.

You're joking aren't ye?

detached from the fans. They're weak. They're not taking the club forward. The club stagnates and rots with them in charge. They're stale. It is time for change. Time for a new angle. Because of the time that has passed in the last 20/30 years we're no longer one of the big hitters. I accept that. No let's get a board/chairman/owner that is fit to take us on the the level we used to be at.

The most qualified CEO we’ve had in the last 20 years resigned after about 6 weeks and I’m afraid that says it all about the regime at the time.

As for Elstone, many a drink was had when he left by those who had dealings with him.

One protest wont get them out bit fair play to who has started it and for whoever turns up today. Everything has to start somewhere and has got media attention and got people talking. Plus have made it clear is about the board not the manager or the squad. Is alot of angry blues atm but we all need to look at the board not us fans we have to demand better for the club, i hope they get to talk to blues today and see what it is about i think alot more we side witht the protest
Sky Sports News we’re there and carried out a number of fan interviews ?

Protesting at the Kyiv game would be detrimental and wide open to criticism as detracting from the aim of showing support for the people of Ukraine.
I dont see that.

In what way would a protest prior to the match starting away from the stadium and ending on Goodison Road detract from support for Ukrainian people?

The two can be managed together.

Before the game and during the game are two different phases of the day.

I can understand ruling at the Kiev game, a real protest is to not go in the Chelsea game, gets some empty seats going on TV
Well, apart from it being the season opener (which people love to attend) empty sets sends a terrible message to our weak willed team.

One of the things I don't agree with the campaign on is no matchday protests. I'd argue the Chelsea game is PERFECT for a protest. We're the tea time KO, pundits will be in the little glass studio overlooking the pitch.

Welcome the coach as last season.

Support the team and manager vociferously throughout the match.

Protest post match once the players leave the pitch. Those that don't want to get involved will just bugger off home. Those that want to protest can. At the top of their lungs.

What an incredible message it sends to loudly support the team pre match and during the match, only to turn our attention to the board at full time. It's impossible for the media to paint it any other way.

I seriously hope the campaign leaders rethink this. Its a GOLDEN opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.