Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate, but you'll find that I don't actually work for the club. I assume we have people who are paid well to do it. Or at least we should.
Then how can you be 'definite'? You think there might be players available in that bracket to improve us...I'm not so sure, but I'm happy to be proved wrong by someone who said there definitely is. But you aren't sure either really, unfortunately. False advertising that lol

I knew this would be a bit of a depressing window, but now that we are in the middle of it I long for the days of freaking out over whether we might get Sandro Ramirez. It's one long comedown since survival night v Palace isn't it!?

Then how can you be 'definite'? You think there might be players available in that bracket to improve us...I'm not so sure, but I'm happy to be proved wrong by someone who said there definitely is. But you aren't sure either really, unfortunately. False advertising that lol
There's thousands of footballers and you really think all we can find are players off relegated teams or unwanted players from teams better than us in our league? It's just amazingly low odds that there aren't any better options around.

There's thousands of footballers and you really think all we can find are players off relegated teams or unwanted players from teams better than us in our league? It's just amazingly low odds that there aren't any better options around.
It's possible that's the case when we have no money to buy. Players clubs don't want or Players wanting to leave relegated clubs usually cost less. Annoying but I think that's the table we are eating at for a couple of years while we still have high waged also rans in our squad

It's possible that's the case when we have no money to buy. Players clubs don't want or Players wanting to leave relegated clubs usually cost less. Annoying but I think that's the table we are eating at for a couple of years while we still have high waged also rans in our squad
His list had us spending 50m. It wasn't nothing.

His list had us spending 50m. It wasn't nothing.
50m isn't a lot these days either. Being quoted 30m for the likes of Broja and Gibbs-White tells you all need to know about that.
Anyone young with potential= pricey
Anyone mid career age that's good = pricey
Anyone Older half decent = not cheap
Anyone wanting to leave their club = a lower price
Anyone not wanted at club = a lower price
We are in a weird place right now for attracting players
We can't even hold onto our 16yr old talents but can't get rid of our unwanted players while on those contracts

50m isn't a lot these days either. Being quoted 30m for the likes of Broja and Gibbs-White tells you all need to know about that.
Anyone young with potential= pricey
Anyone mid career age that's good = pricey
Anyone Older half decent = not cheap
Anyone wanting to leave their club = a lower price
Anyone not wanted at club = a lower price
We are in a weird place right now for attracting players
We can't even hold onto our 16yr old talents but can't get rid of our unwanted players while on those contracts
You're missing the part where there are thousands of players in leagues that aren't the PL who probably won't demand a fee that size.

Look I'm not going to convince you this is possible and that's fine, we aren't going to do it so it's not like there will be a way to see later.

You're missing the part where there are thousands of players in leagues that aren't the PL who probably won't demand a fee that size.

Look I'm not going to convince you this is possible and that's fine, we aren't going to do it so it's not like there will be a way to see later.
You may be right... this isn't an outright disagreement btw
Maybe our scouting is off due to all the changes over the last 5years
Other clubs do seems to be getting in a few handy players on the cheap like Leeds and Brighton
Well they look decent on youtube compilations
Are they as good as the likes of Cornet and tarkowski? Not so sure yet

Out:
Richarlison
Kenny
Delph
Tosun
Branthwaite
El Ghazi
Van Der Beek

In:
Tarkowski
Gbamin
Nkounkou

am i right in thinking that the squad is therefore currently depleted by 4 players compared to last season?

im not counting siggy cos lets face it he was not available last season and virginia went out on loan again so its the same situation with him.

could argue that el ghazi and tosun don't really matter as they barely played

will literally be a bench full of kids v chelsea at this rate

Dont see a problem here if its the right players.
As it says 2 permanent signings.
So add 2 loans , its about what most expected anyway.
meat.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.