Everton Pre-Season (Tours) 2022/23 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think some of you need to take a deep breath, hang those freshly washed bedsheets up on the line and remember that it’s only pre-season and isn’t an indicator of how the season is going to go.

Then proceed to spray like a racehorse on those sheets again because it can get so, so much worse.

I'm not too bothered by results but we need to see progress in our style of play but we still can't defend, we still can't attack and we still can't pass, the latter being the most basic thing teams in the lowest leagues can do.
Whatever brand of football Lampard wants to play it's very clear these players aren't up to it and unless we bring in 3-4 quality signings (which looks highly unlikely) it's going to be a full season of backs to the wall stuff.
Moshiri wants to be judge at the end of the window well, we will have played 6 games by the time the Window closes and based on what we've seen from these players both last season and this summer I'll be amazed if we pick up many points.... add to that the next two games post the window closing are against the RS and Arsenal - we could very easily be 8 games in with zero wins.

I’ve been laughing since I woke up in some desperate attempt to hide my utter disgust and fear for this bunch of clowns going into the new season.

Those that watched; how bad was it?

Pretty bad. First half no one tackles in midfield so it was basically an onslaught. They got a penalty for handball. It was a bit soft, because Davies had his arm by his side, but we get them given against us. 2nd one was an own goal, Keane desperately lunging in. Third goal was just again because no one was tackling.
2nd half I think we made 9 changes, just Gray and Gordon stayed on, we were a bit better, Gbamin did some tackling and intercepting. But I get the feeling they Sat back a bit. We had a few half chances, the best one fell to Dele who managed to miss an open goal 1 yard out when the cross hit his standing leg and went behind. We should have had a pen for a foul on Gordon, but the ref gave a free kick the other way. They got a 4th goal, which was a nice counter attacking move and a scruffy, close range finish. Last 15 minutes were very disjointed, we made a couple more changes and could barely string 2 passes together.

We really need a number 6, Davies, Doucoure and Iwobi as a midfield 3 doesn’t work. Everything hinges on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.