Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea whether Gilmour is going to be a PL standard player or Championship standard player for the rest of his career. The thing is I'm almost certain the coaches at Chelsea are just as clueless about his longer term trajectory. He will get another season at PL level to prove himself. You'd assume its going to be at a club nearer the bottom of the PL than the top. This would suggest if he's not at Everton this coming season he's going to be at a club very close to us in the league.
Billy has the potential to be a Paul Scholes type of midfielder. He’s only 21, and isn’t the most physically gifted, athletic. If he doesn’t make it in the Premiership it’s not because of his football ability, the Championship wouldn’t suit him. I think he’d go to Spain, he’s suited to playing possession football, a quick, short passing game.

Oh yeah, absolutely. Same would apply if it's Winks that he gets to play this pivot role though

He wants someone who can play on the half turn, take the ball off the defenders and play through the lines. Gilmour and Winks can both do that, but they're both lightweight and you're going to need to compensate for that with having physical presence in there. Doucoure is the only one who gives you that in the current squad, so you'd want one more - and that explains the links to the likes of Onana, Vranckx and even Gallagher to a degree
Yeah completely agree. Personally I would like to see someone physical and defensive come in, rather than a Doucoure or Gallagher type.

As much as I like frank I don't want him dictating what specific players we should opt for, he should provide a profile of what type of player hes looking for and thelwell should procure that kind of player. Other than richie that type of approach has been disastrous for us just look at the koeman reign

At this point, I just hope a ball-playing midfielder can be found.

The rest of the team is terrible, but we can make do and mend (and pray) in most areas.

Without someone to get on the ball, this back-five will end up being a back-seven again. That's where I'd put any and all resources, even if it meant giving Iwobi the benefit of the doubt and letting him start alongside whoever came in.
Agree we have little creativity or threat too though that's why I'm worried. We finished 16th last season and have sold our best player and not bought anyone for money I'm glad others are so calm and amused. I am not.

Tell you what, it just goes to show how opinions can differ wildly on what's in front of your eyes, because I just watched that video and all I could think of was that the low centre of gravity and little eye for a pass are exactly what we need :confused:
I watched a bit of Norwich last season and Gilmour was playing some quality balls into the forwards, who invariably missed or blew the opportunity, he’s got a lovely weight of pass, short or long. What he needs is a manager to tell him to stop dropping to deep too often. He wants to be on the ball as often as possible and seems to think he needs to drop deep and pick up the ball from the defence to do so. No problem with him doing that occasionally, but I’d like to see other players do that job more regularly and Billy to spend more time higher up the pitch.

20220718_160655.jpg

I watched a bit of Norwich last season and Gilmour was playing some quality balls into the forwards, who invariably missed or blew the opportunity, he’s got a lovely weight of pass, short or long. What he needs is a manager to tell him to stop dropping to deep too often. He wants to be on the ball as often as possible and seems to think he needs to drop deep and pick up the ball from the defence to do so. No problem with him doing that occasionally, but I’d like to see other players do that job more regularly and Billy to spend more time higher up the pitch.
He would be a good addition not sure as a six but he is a good little footballer we need someone who can retain possession in there otherwise it just comes back and back onto our defence.

He would be a good addition not sure as a six but he is a good little footballer we need someone who can retain possession in there otherwise it just comes back and back onto our defence.
The player he reminds me most of is Modric, he’s never going to be as good as Modric. But he’s a similar type of player. But he needs a manager to make him realise that’s his best role.

Status
Not open for further replies.