Everton Pre-Season (Tours) 2022/23 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least for the next friendly, the competition should be less challenging . We play a MLS team but who knows how that will go....

Last edited:
The back 5/3 was so bad there were so many gaps between the wing backs and three center backs, who were incapable of bringing the ball up the pitch and putting in a decent pass
We crumble when we're full pressed I dont why every team we play doesn't employ it against us.

The back 5/3 was so bad there were so many gaps between the wing backs and three center backs, who were incapable of bringing the ball up the pitch and putting in a decent pass
We crumble when we're full pressed I dont why every team we play doesn't employ it against us.
It was so odd trying to play out too. They'd send the RWB way up and the RCB to essentially RB. I don't think it worked once.

It was so odd trying to play out too. They'd send the RWB way up and the RCB to essentially RB. I don't think it worked once.
I agree it was really bizarre and awkward you could tell how uncomfortable they were and when it did go to the wingback they were pinned in and couldn't go forward it was a mess but its still a friendly hopefully improvements happen in the next few weeks

Don't know why anyone expected different. Same squad as last year minus our best attacker. Crowd got us over the line last season, not the players. No way will the crowd continue to stick with these chancers if we start terribly.
THought tarks played? Didn't we also play a few kids?

5 at the back

Newcastle away L 3-2
Palace away (Cup) L 4-0
Brentford home L 3-2
Watford away D 0-0, only team not to score at Vicarage Road
Arsenal away L 5-1
Palace home (1st half) L 2-0
Leicester away W 2-1
Brentford home (Cup) W 4-1
Boreham Wood home (Cup) W 2-0

4 league points playing 5 at the back, 16 from playing a back 4 yet 5 was the most used!!!

off the top of my head.......

Starting to wonder if Frank Lampard is the football version of Boris Johnson. Loads of bluster, tub thumping and ego massaging but tactically inept compared with all the other managers in the league.

Bit of a mixed bag then. 8 games 3 wins, 1 draw 4 defeats. One of those defeats was largely because of going down to 10 men very early in a game we were ahead in. Not a huge leap to say, if we kept 10 on the pitch, might have been 4 wins, 1 draw, 3 defeats. Thats not an awful record from what he inherited.

As for Lampard, he showed enough tactical acumen to keep us up, against the odds, and pull off some impressive results along the way.

Lost to a set piece and a fluke?

Not that we were camped in our half for 85 minutes then unable to get out or string 3 passes together, in fact they should have scored another 2 or 3 just in the 1st half, hitting the post and a save from Pickford 1 on 1. We on the other hand didnt make their keeper have to pull off any meaningful save.

Second half it was too easy for them and they took their foot off the gas, we were dreadful. Out played and out thought, we made Arsenal look like prime Barcelona, with 15 minutes to go they were playing keep ball to Ole`s from the crowd. If you thought that was "unlucky" we have some big big problems.

Lets see what the rest of pre season brings but if Frank is going to go 5-2-3 every game I really couldnt care less if the guy is sacked and he would have only brought it on himself.
Christ - it was our first preseason friendly to simply get miles in the legs and to ramp up the fitness levels. I imagine Frank, and 99% of this Forum couldn’t care less that you couldn’t care less if he’s sacked. Your negativity is boring as hell. It doesn’t make you a better blue. Give it a rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.