Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lampard will use this as an opportunity to put the likes of Warrington , Onyango & Price on the bench.
He's no stranger to blooding young talent.
But Mount and Abraham had at least one season at a Championship level club at minimum. Warrington getting half a season at Tranmere doesn't fill me full of confidence. Onyango and Price, Dobbin too are massively unproven at any level. Big risk, guess its where we are right now.

But Mount and Abraham had at least one season at a Championship level club at minimum. Warrington getting half a season at Tranmere doesn't fill me full of confidence. Onyango and Price, Dobbin too are massively unproven at any level. Big risk, guess its where we are right now.
Anthony Gordon had half a season ( 11 games ) at Preston mate.

Is something happening with Soucek and Rice or are West Ham suddenly big money players splashing 38mil on a rotation player?
Shame that we're not only decades below the Sky 6, but also seeing the likes of West Ham sprint off into the sunset - two years of European football on the spin and spending huge money on further improving their squad. Then there's Newcastle where success is guaranteed within a matter of time.

Us, on the other hand, are forced into selling our best player and look like replacing him with a relegated player who doesn't look like he'd be fit to lace Richi's boots.

But not only that, you've got clubs like Palace and Brighton that have improved massively in the past year, and we're also markedly inferior to Leicester too.

Can probably write off a top 8 finish for the foreseeable future, which basically makes watching us a complete and utter waste of time.

Can see us fighting with Wolves and Brentford for an 11th place finish this season. Exciting.

I honestly dont think we have ever stopped trying to generate our own talent.

I mean look at the top clubs, how many have academy players in their first 11?

Foden, TAA, Kane, im sure theres loads others, but its not like we ever stopped or any club.

But yeah, at times it felt like Unsworth only cared about Unsworth, might be harsh, might be true.

We compete with some top, top clubs in our catchment area.
We had a couple of years ban .
On signing youth players from other clubs it will be a few years before we get over the affects of that.
Hopefully we might get a few decent kids coming in to the club front now onwards.

Shame that we're not only decades below the Sky 6, but also seeing the likes of West Ham sprint off into the sunset - two years of European football on the spin and spending huge money on further improving their squad. Then there's Newcastle where success is guaranteed within a matter of time.
Quite impressive the logical inconsistency of this paragraph.

Anthony Gordon had half a season ( 11 games ) at Preston mate.

This is a fact. Maybe I should have said that at Chelsea he had a better calibre of youngsters to choose from. James, Mount and Abraham vs Onyango, Dobbin and Warrington. (Just going for three names vice positions before any pedants jump in)

Us, on the other hand, are forced into selling our best player and look like replacing him with a relegated player who doesn't look like he'd be fit to lace Richi's boots.

But not only that, you've got clubs like Palace and Brighton that have improved massively in the past year, and we're also markedly inferior to Leicester too.

Can probably write off a top 8 finish for the foreseeable future, which basically makes watching us a complete and utter waste of time.

Can see us fighting with Wolves and Brentford for an 11th place finish this season. Exciting.
Your optimism is heartwarming.

If anything, the facts you describe demonstrate that fortunes can change quickly and that spending a fortune guarantees nothing. Chin up.

This is a fact. Maybe I should have said that at Chelsea he had a better calibre of youngsters to choose from. James, Mount and Abraham vs Onyango, Dobbin and Warrington. (Just going for three names vice positions before any pedants jump in)
We'll never know unless they are given a chance.
Warrington looks to have everything in his locker for the right manager to bring the best out of him.

As i said Lampard will do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.