Transfer Rumour Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.
You act like 29 is finished or something like that when most players play to the same level until they’re about 33 these days. Also our wages aren’t really a problem at all and never have been.

A free transfer like Lingard, let’s say he signed a 3 year deal with an option for a 4th, even if he’s only decent for 2 years we can easily ship him on to a lower down team for a fee. We’ve taken probably over half a million pound a week off the wage bill already so far this summer, if not more. We can afford the likes of Tarkowski and Lingard on higher wages because if we were to buy players of their quality, which we can’t, we’d be paying £15m at least in fees, if not more.

Also are we gonna pretend that Townsend wasn’t decent for us last year, despite the fact he was 29 when he signed, from a much worse team and is certainly a worse player than Lingard.
What?

They are exactly the reason we can never sell anyone. We signed bang average players on champions league wages and then were stuck with them when they flopped.

To say our wages were never a problem is pretty remarkable. Our losses have been huge, partly because we pay enormous wages.

Nobody is saying that though. Everyone who is positive towards this signing is saying ‘on a free, on the right deal’.

Creative midfield was lacking massively last season with no Sigurdsson or James
Goals from midfield were missing massively last season for the same reason
He can do this for a wage that would probably be a third of Sigurdsson/James combined - why is that an issue?

Because he's the wrong kinda player to be here, wrong attitude, ego driven, in it for himself.

Did a Cenk Tosun at United, wouldn't back down on his wages to move to West Ham and more interested in Tik Tok and social media.

You'll get 10 good games out of him. He's not consistent enough in a team that's currently full of inconsistent players.

People whinging about signing Winks but have no issues with Lingard need to give their heads a wobble

Because he's the wrong kinda player to be here, wrong attitude, ego driven, in it for himself.

Did a Cenk Tosun at United, wouldn't back down on his wages to move to West Ham and more interested in Tik Tok and social media.

You'll get 10 good games out of him. He's not consistent enough in a team that's currently full of inconsistent players

Doesn't sound like the personality Moyes would want back after having him on loan?

Nobody is saying that though. Everyone who is positive towards this signing is saying ‘on a free, on the right deal’.

Creative midfield was lacking massively last season with no Sigurdsson or James
Goals from midfield were missing massively last season for the same reason
He can do this for a wage that would probably be a third of Sigurdsson/James combined - why is that an issue?

Probs because you literally wrote this? So is it his old wage or a third of his old wage or for a pack of Starburst. Be consistent.

Depends. If it’s a free transfer and Sigurdsson’s old wage for two seasons, option of a third, then it feels fine tbh

6A891829-46DE-40FD-A5DC-1D120810E97E.jpeg

You'll get 10 good games out of him. He's not consistent enough in a team that's currently full of inconsistent players
I said a page or two back, him staying at the club he supports made sense.
He had a cracking loan and was told he’d get games by Ole.
Then the club signed Ronaldo and Ole was forced to play him - suddenly no room for Lingard.
Then Ole is sacked and the promise is even more meaningless.
I’d love us to have loads of better options but in the position we’re in, he’d be easily our best creative midfielder and on a free.

Lingard and Ali in the same team... at least we wouldn't get out muscled by Burnley this season.

If it is a savvy contract, where we pay a low basic contract but make the rest up in performance goals then it'd be a yes from me. However that's extremely unlikely knowing us, and it'd be more like a 5 year deal on obscene wages - in which case it is a resounding no!

Also not the kind of player I can warm to, but that's largely irrelevant.

If it is a savvy contract, where we pay a low basic contract but make the rest up in performance goals then it'd be a yes from me. However that's extremely unlikely knowing us, and it'd be more like a 5 year deal on obscene wages - in which case it is a resounding no!

Also not the kind of player I can warm to, but that's largely irrelevant.

Probs because you literally wrote this? So is it his old wage or a third of his old wage or for a pack of Starburst. Be consistent.
I am consistent, my understanding is Sigurdsson was on around 100 and James was on around 200.
Therefore, Sigurdsson’s wage and Lingard’s wage would both be equal like my first post and a third of the combined like the second.

Doesn't sound like the personality Moyes would want back after having him on loan?

He'll soon find out when he's got him a full season and he's been benched for half of it just like he did with Benrahma.

He did well for 3 months at West Ham and then sat on a wage at United until his contract ran out.

If Moyes wanted him again...he'd be there already.

Status
Not open for further replies.