Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have reduced the wage bill but not "decimated "it.
Who is going to buy Gomes , Mina and Allan?

TBH I'd much rather see them sold than Richy but even if we could find clubs to take them off our hands their combined value probably wouldn't exceed £20/25 m whereas we can expect to pick up £60m for Richy.
Gomes is looking likely sold, not for much though. £25 mil for kean.
The wage bill since last summer will be a lot healthier.

I guess the point is, we are selling to buy, not to exist as some are stating.

Gomes is looking likely sold, not for much though. £25 mil for kean.
The wage bill since last summer will be a lot healthier.

I guess the point is, we are selling to buy, not to exist as some are stating.
Well I honestly don't know what the PL has instructed us to do to raise money. It could be sell to exist , I hope not obviously.
Yepnoises about sales for Gomes and Kean but very little action unfortunately.

Why can't we pick up a few £3m players that do ok? Rather than £30m players that don't...

Could we maybe sign players like Dennis for £3m from European clubs like teams like Watford seem to be able to?

Unfortunately no because if we did sign Dennis last year for £3m people on here would be foaming at the mouth

Real signing less than £10m are possible but they aren't the next big things in football they are good fits for the club like Pukki & Normann who combined would be less than £15m easily, one is perfect as a deep midfielder that can pass in a 433, another is a good link up striker that would love to come here, works hard and has unbelievable movement attacking wise

Many times when Richarlison signed when posters were crying about his lack of goals it was mentioned he hadnt had a break for 18months + had moved from Brazil straight.

Also his heat map showed him as effectively a 2nd left back, basically defensive midfield on the left flank.

Compare that with Dennis whose scored and done well for 2.5 months in his entire career. Nothing internationally....scored his goals mostly at centre forward.

Night & Day.

Plus the player had clear attitude problems at 2 clubs, maybe 3.

I agree Dennis isnt that smooth on the ball but I thought that's the reason for Lampard, so he can coach the players

The attitude thing is right, the reason his season went downhill is because Watford agreed to release him for the Afcon then went back on their word

Well I honestly don't know what the PL has instructed us to do to raise money. It could be sell to exist , I hope not obviously.
Yepnoises about sales for Gomes and Kean but very little action unfortunately.
A fee for Gomes, a minor miracle.

We have reduced the wage bill but not "decimated "it.
Who is going to buy Gomes , Mina and Allan?

TBH I'd much rather see them sold than Richy but even if we could find clubs to take them off our hands their combined value probably wouldn't exceed £20/25 m whereas we can expect to pick up £60m for Richy.
Just to be pernickety, 'decimated' is reducing by 1 in 10. Lots of folk assume it's a reduction of 9 in 10. Even by the 1 in 10 definition, you're correct that we haven't decimated the bill, but just thought I'd be annoying and make that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.