Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep getting wham emails claiming we are linked with someone called Cameron Archer.

Apologies if this has already been discussed but I've no clue who he is

Very highly promising England u21 player.

I saw he's been linked to the championship again on loan.

What do the links youre receiving say about us -- I saw us mentioned right below an article on him yesterday...but not that were in for him.

Spurs were challenging near the top of the table and got to a european cup final with Winks and Sissoko as first choice next to Eriksen...

Dont forget Dele.

I've kind of come around in Winks a bit. I wouldnt be paying big money for him, but if a loan were available, or he was an add on to a 50m Richarlison bid I think he would do ok.

For me hes sort of the opposite of Gomes. Who will have 1 unbelievable game then 3 or 4 awful ones. Winks seems the sort of lad who will have 8 average games, 1 good game and 1 poor game in 10. Hes steady. He keeps the game ticking over. He does the simple things well, I.e recieves the ball off the back 4 and distributes it.

Probably a bit like Darren Gibson when he came, and people were unsure of, he was very good for a period of time, largely at just doing the simple things well. I'd say he was as good as any of our midfielders, and if hes available cheaply it would be a reasonable option.

We need more goals from players like Gordon next season.

Thats it...like with Tarkowski...6.5/7 out of 10 performances from some key players would give the side some stability.

One thing though, I think if we were to go for Winks then we'd also need Gilmour (or two similar players). If one is missing then the whole team style would disappear.

For me Winks would be a fine Delph replacement. Is not afraid of having the ball at his feet and recycles it around. A lot of that is sideways and short passes, but that’s exactly what Delph did and when he played it settled everyone around him.

But at the quoted 20m, that would be a horrendous decision. At a Delph price or a bit lower, sign me up. Just don’t think we are getting that from Levy.

Would you not take Winks + Gilmour for £30mil ?

Hes George due to 2 tier 1 sources saying theres interest, Fab and The Athletic, as for own threads, thats not my department.
Of course, I can appreciate the borders of responsibility for the Wham! department. I was referring more so to the collective mind of the forum. I'm surprised no one has made one yet, because I would quite like to get excited about this one - but equally don't want to see it kiss of deathed.

Thanks for the clarification on the Wham! system, though. Appreciated.

Of course, I can appreciate the borders of responsibility for the Wham! department. I was referring more so to the collective mind of the forum. I'm surprised no one has made one yet, because I would quite like to get excited about this one - but equally don't want to see it kiss of deathed.

Thanks for the clarification on the Wham! system, though. Appreciated.
Yeah im shocked nobody has taken the plunge on it yet, seems like the links are hotting up regards Zinky, so it cant be long now.

Would you not take Winks + Gilmour for £30mil ?
For both yes I would. I’d think you’d have a good chance of hitting on at least one of them for that role. Not sure we’d be investing that plus more for a third midfielder though. We certainly could use three more.

Signing a defender to help with our lack of creativity

07EE1E61-6639-4CF4-B537-4C018274D28A.jpeg

For me Winks would be a fine Delph replacement. Is not afraid of having the ball at his feet and recycles it around. A lot of that is sideways and short passes, but that’s exactly what Delph did and when he played it settled everyone around him.

But at the quoted 20m, that would be a horrendous decision. At a Delph price or a bit lower, sign me up. Just don’t think we are getting that from Levy.
Winks isn't a defensive Midfielder though hes a box to box mid with no offensive end product and a generator of copious side ways passes which we already have numerous players that unfortunately fit that profile

I think that's probably true, but honestly Spurs depth, even beyond those players is far beyond ours. I'd sort of argue the opposite, like our best players, would be squad players for them. They have a squad filled with lads at at least Doucoure level.

I'm not sure I see sense in our position, of not playing Doucoure.
Of course, their level of player is generally better, but I don't think it's what has them operating at a different level to us (they've also got a truly top manager, to be fair).

It was only brief, but we saw when Rodriguez was firing that lesser players can become perfectly serviceable if they've got someone to look to. It even gives the fans/atmosphere a lift when there's a star in the team who you look forward to seeing get on the ball.

As for Doucoure, I'm sure he'll end up playing more often than not next season, due to a lack of competition as much as anything else. I think he's woeful, but the club isn't much cop at moving on its expensive flops unless the player themselves actively get their agents on the case.

You aint getting Winks and Gilmour for 30m, unless you mean each.

For both yes I would. I’d think you’d have a good chance of hitting on at least one of them for that role. Not sure we’d be investing that plus more for a third midfielder though. We certainly could use three more.

I think both have been told to play box to box or at least more advanced.

Thats lowered their effectiveness I think...although I could be totally wrong.

Spurs want to punt Winks so I think they'd accept £10-15mil just to move him on.

Chelsea have extended his deal by a year so seemingly want to increase his value and sell...id guess anything between £10-20mil for him.

Tough to think of many 'available' deep lying playmakers like these two playing in England.

I think we'd definitely need a starter and competition.

Winks isn't a defensive Midfielder though hes a box to box mid with no offensive end product and a generator of copious side ways passes which we already have numerous players that unfortunately fit that profile

Yes, if he was so good Spurs would want to keep him. From various comments I have read hir performance is not consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.