• July 29 - for matches in October
  • September 13 - for matches in November
  • October 11 - for matches in December and January
  • December 6 - for matches in February
  • January 25 - for matches in March
  • March 23 - for Matchday 35
  • March 30 - for Matchday 36
  • April 7 - for Matchday 37

All of you who watch this on TV are part responsible for football's demise - and hand your money to Liverpool among the other sky brands.

That is all.

1655486856427.png

TBH if you were a TV company why would you bother showing us unless you had the chance of us embarrassing ourselves?

I think dodgy streams are fine. Sky, their establishment et al would call it theft - but let's remember how they've robbed the sport from the working man, gentrified it, scripted it into nothing more than an entertainment and sold it to those who never leave their armchairs.

Years ago I thought we’d get to the point where stadiums would be nowhere near capacity due to online streaming - price of ticket v free online stream / few pints in the pub. To be fair that hasn’t been the case, fans still turn up in their droves , suppose nothing beats the atmosphere of a game and the loyalty is as strong as ever, but it’s sad that it’s come to this - as you say it’s no longer the working man’s sport it once was. Part of my defence mechanism when it looked like we could go down last season was that at least we’d get to sample how football should be at places like Luton etc. having said that we’d have probably been every Friday night game in that league!

TBH if you were a TV company why would you bother showing us unless you had the chance of us embarrassing ourselves?
We have that chance in every game though, so it always makes for a good neutral viewing.

Everton - Chelsea, with us struggling and them top 4? Defo a dramatic win for us.

Everton - *insert already relegated team here*? We've won our last 5 on the bounce? Their striker hasn't scored all season? Nailed on we lose 4:0, he scores a hattrick.

No doubt we'll hear moans if we're picked for tv a lot by the 'I demand all our games at 3pm on a Saturday' foot stampers, then we'll hear just as many moans if we're not picked for tv much because 'Sky and BT hate us and it's costing us money'.

No doubt we'll hear moans if we're picked for tv a lot by the 'I demand all our games at 3pm on a Saturday' foot stampers, then we'll hear just as many moans if we're not picked for tv much because 'Sky and BT hate us and it's costing us money'.
Bit harsh, mate. If you're having to book flights etc, leaving it late can really push the prices up. If it's moved to Sunday or Monday, it's gone completely. Wasted flights once because of a late switch to Monday night. People have busy lives. Not everyone has flexibility.

Changes can affect their ability to attend matches. Describing people as "foot stampers", obviously in a derogatory way is a very harsh but I accept the modern game demands it financially. Doesn't mean we got to like it. (Makes inhuman effort not to stamp foot).

Status
Not open for further replies.