Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope that’s not right a player can using Article 17 terminate his contract the question then arises about compensation.

The sporting just cause is more about professionals having grounds to walk away from their contract for instance if they haven’t been paid for x number of months or professionals not featuring in 10% of first team games
We’ll have to agree to disagree.

You may want to look at the judgment itself at

It opens by saying
The purpose of Art. 17 of the FIFA Regulations is basically nothing else than to reinforce contractual stability. Other than article 14 and 15, it does not provide the legal basis for a party to freely terminate an existing contract at any time, prematurely, without just cause. Rather, the provision clarifies that a termination of a contract without just cause, even if this occurs outside of the Protected Period and following the appropriate notice period, remains a serious violation of the obligation to respect an existing contract and that a compensation will be due.

I touched on this in an earlier post.

I wouldn’t at all be surprised if a player did move from SB . The three players you mention are possibly loan options ( remembering of course the one player restriction ) but I doubt that any of them will be sold and add to that number Colwill who again I just can’t see being sold at this point in time.

I floated the name Ampadu and whilst you won’t want to even consider FL rated Ross B . There are other possibilities such Loftus Cheek or Hudson Odi but all are under contract and they might not fancy the gig

At the end of the day if I were the agent of Richarlison I would tell him to sit tight
Two years is a lo g time to sit tight.
The player will want to start playing CL now not in three seasons from now.

Chelsea will not be able to keep all of their young players happy if they are not playing.
Nor will these players want to go on loan season after season

Chelsea will want to generate sales and save wages just like any other club and I certainly believe players will leave SB this summer, it just may not be to Everton.

If we sell Richie to spurs it cannot be in exchange for any of their rejects - Winks, Moura etc. It would be really really worrying direction to go. Winks is an older Tom Davies, came through with lots of hype and never lived up to it - Spurs fans, rightly, think he’s crap and don’t think he’s good enough for their first team, a useless crab of a player. Moria they all think is a hard worker but with no end product.

We sell our best player for either of these or both Levi would rightly be laughing at us. It’s too ridiculous to be true but then, we did lose James and Siggi and replaced them with Townsend and Gray so…
The media love the idea of dumping unwanted players on us in exchange for our better players.

I don't think I can remember an instance when that happened in recent years.

We bought badly ourselves but that is different

Two years is a lo g time to sit tight.
The player will want to start playing CL now not in three seasons from now.

Chelsea will not be able to keep all of their young players happy if they are not playing.
Nor will these players want to go on loan season after season

Chelsea will want to generate sales and save wages just like any other club and I certainly believe players will leave SB this summer, it just may not be to Everton.
They lost 3 last season, maybe not there most talented. Though livremento did well at Southampton. This will happen more more and not just at Chelsea, kids will want to play or at least put down roots, not loan after loan

Agree, we need cash. If they want to offer anything they give us sixty and we get an option on Winks if anything taking Winks is doing them a favour he's their dead wood. I love this idea Everton should bend no other club bends, 60m is reasonable.
I’d definitely listen to any deal involving Moura. He’s as close to a ready made replacement as we can get from the PL. I really rate him.

I don’t want Winks either but it’s funny how many have decried Winks and yet there’s been a lot of talk of Gilmour in this thread. Both neat, tidy players who could use a cheeseburger and a set of dumbbells.

I don’t think for one second the rumours of Winks + Moura + cash are true but if they were I wouldn’t be sad.

I touched on this in an earlier post.

I wouldn’t at all be surprised if a player did move from SB . The three players you mention are possibly loan options ( remembering of course the one player restriction ) but I doubt that any of them will be sold and add to that number Colwill who again I just can’t see being sold at this point in time.

I floated the name Ampadu and whilst you won’t want to even consider FL rated Ross B . There are other possibilities such Loftus Cheek or Hudson Odi but all are under contract and they might not fancy the gig

At the end of the day if I were the agent of Richarlison I would tell him to sit tight

I cant see anybody taking Barkley mate. Or RLC being that desirable either.

The media love the idea of dumping unwanted players on us in exchange for our better players.

I don't think I can remember an instance when that happened in recent years.

We bought badly ourselves but that is different

We did it with Rooney.

I’d definitely listen to any deal involving Moura. He’s as close to a ready made replacement as we can get from the PL. I really rate him.

I don’t want Winks either but it’s funny how many have decried Winks and yet there’s been a lot of talk of Gilmour in this thread. Both neat, tidy players who could use a cheeseburger and a set of dumbbells.

I don’t think for one second the rumours of Winks + Moura + cash are true but if they were I wouldn’t be sad.

Look what you have become. The suggestion was we would be focusing on young hungry players and you are proposing we add these two to Tarkowski. None of these are getting any better

Look what you have become. The suggestion was we would be focusing on young hungry players and you are proposing we add these two to Tarkowski. None of these are getting any better
I don’t want Tarkowski and I wouldn’t pick Winks either, but Moura would be class for us. Winks may help us keep the ball in midfield and, if nothing else, Tarkowski might grock us into better set piece stats.

If we could pick those three up and have money left over from letting Richarlison go then I think we’d have a better, more balanced squad for it.

Big interest in both him and Diaz wasn’t it last summer?

Shame we flushed all our money down the toilet in the previous years. You have to just laugh sometimes at how awful we have been with recruitment.
Yep it was, don’t know how we got it that Baku wrong, makes me laugh in sadness

I don’t want Tarkowski and I wouldn’t pick Winks either, but Moura would be class for us. Winks may help us keep the ball in midfield and, if nothing else, Tarkowski might grock us into better set piece stats.

If we could pick those three up and have money left over from letting Richarlison go then I think we’d have a better, more balanced squad for it.
Moura has a poor goal return considering the team he plays in and the players around him, he definitely wouldn’t be class, he’d be a huge waste of money. He’s 30 in August, let him go back to France

Status
Not open for further replies.