Takeover bid by Peter Kenyon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mericans are going to get the PL to develop their own global broadcast deal imo. Jib off Sky, BT etc etc, and do it themselves. $10.00 a month for any PL game you want to watch, with 100 million subscribers, worldwide, is a pretty attractive idea. As long as you get the clubs to agree, I guess.
This.
It’s been mentioned a few times, a premier league Netflix, it’s probably gonna be more than $10 a month though, 38 games a season, I reckon about £500 for the season. It will ruin the lower league long term, unless they change the schedule so premier league games are not at 3pm on a Saturday.

At the moment this is just a story and im not sure if new owners would be able to spend cash, unless they could bring in a new sponsor for the stadium that’s not even built yet and a replacement sponsor for the training ground.

Oh they do have that type of money, they just won’t spend it because they don’t need to. In fact that’s a lie, because they have started to spend it.

They also have a revenue base which means they could be sold to any bidder.

The players have enough money to buy the club or at least to raise it. Would love to see this happen one day at a club and then you'd see players fighting for the shirt. But no, they just want to be on the pay roll and pray they're not picked to play.

God forbid we are owned by right wing Americans… give us some of those cuddly left wing Russians/Uzbeks or maybe even the Quatari or Saudis.

But for the love of god not Americans.

Enjoy relegation you utter idiots.
The political associations is nothing to do with it. The Liverpool lot were close to Trump.

The issue is their motives. This one with EFC is a leveraged buyout and that spells danger.

This.
It’s been mentioned a few times, a premier league Netflix, it’s probably gonna be more than $10 a month though, 38 games a season, I reckon about £500 for the season. It will ruin the lower league long term, unless they change the schedule so premier league games are not at 3pm on a Saturday.

At the moment this is just a story and im not sure if new owners would be able to spend cash, unless they could bring in a new sponsor for the stadium that’s not even built yet and a replacement sponsor for the training ground.
I hope not DAZN currently broadcast every premier League and fa cup match (not every fa cup match in the early rounds) for €12.99 a month

Yes I do wonder if they're flushing out interest.

It all just unfortunately imbalances the club at a point whereby we need stability.
I agree. We had to see Lampard dealing with a known set of circumstances this summer. I mean, if at the end of this we end up with Qatari billions then no harm done long term. But if we get these vampires we can kiss goodbye to stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.