Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kante played at 8 for Lampard though....Jorginho was used as a 6

Its literally a criminal offence in Senegal.

No more senegalese players ?
Jorginho had a horrible time under Lampard. Deep lying playmaker is definitely not part of Lampard tactical consideration.

Will watch the Forest v Huddersfield game today to check out Garner (and Johnson and Colville). Garner could be the DM we need. United being linked with Cante and they already have McTominay, so little chance of him breaking through there. A local lad as well from Birkenhead.

Will watch the Forest v Huddersfield game today to check out Garner (and Johnson and Colville). Garner could be the DM we need. United being linked with Cante and they already have McTominay, so little chance of him breaking through there. A local lad as well from Birkenhead.
Garner is not really a DM, more box to box type, likes to pass forward, its just he can get his foot in there if need be. No idea what Utd would want for him. I really want him tbh he is a quality player imo.

Its literally a criminal offence in Senegal.

No more senegalese players ?
I believe in a set of values. Having a clearly homophobic player in the team I support is not for me.
Yes, to an extent you can't control who owns your team and how they make their money. But you can't preach inclusion, respect, understanding and then have a player who is against what you stand for as a club and a community.

Did Gueye commit some sort of crime, or did he just decline to wear a shirt made by Bungle, Zippy and George? Since when did it become okay to force people into wearing someone else’s clothes? Last time I checked, there was no law forcing people to wear other people’s clothes.

Grealish was sold for £100m then any CL club that make a bid must be the same.

If Richy signs a new deal with us then next year release clause can be £80m, if an CL club comes calling.

By the way I want Richy to stay forever and helping us lifting a trophy. He will become an
Everton legend.

Although the Grealish sale was a year ago now and I wonder if the Haaland move will have a knock on effect on future transfers - is Richarlison worth £10m more than Haaland to someone?
Haaland had a release clause before he signed the last deal. Different scenario.

Yes that's what it's about....

It literally is. People are getting offended, really offended, because Gueye had the temerity to refuse to wear someone else’s clothes. He hasn’t committed any crime at all.

These people have no time for Gueye’s ethnicity whatsoever. They’d have him cancelled if they could. Binned off. Deprived of his employment. You must wear our clothes and share our beliefs or ve vill remove your National Insurance number!

They can’t see that they are being the bullies in this situation.

One table I am delighted Everton are near the bottom of.. an approximation of the number of PL players by current club who may be involved in WC2022 - for us, Pickford, Richo, Patterson or Myko (if Scotland or Ukraine qualify) - rough breakdown by current (or parent) club - based on Wiki list of current squads.

Chelsea 14
Man City 14
Ventolin FC 9
Arsenal 9
Man u 9
Spurs 8
Leicester 7
Wolves 7
Leeds 5
Villa 5
Soton 4
Fulham 4
Palace 4
Newcastle 4
West Ham 4
Forest 4
Brentford 4
Everton 4
Brighton 3
Bournemouth 3

You look at Lampards successful career, and the midfielders who played behind him. Makalele, Essien. Then you look at his managerial career, kante.

Not difficult to guess he will want a similar type player, hard running ball winner. Play making traits is welcome but not a requirement.

Gana is a perfect fit but too old.
I disagree. Gana is a cracking player but he isnt a number 6 in a 433. For that role you need someone tactically astute who can sit. Gana was never that player - he wanted to go and win the ball back all over the pitch. He actually wasn't the greatest at all at sitting in and keeping his position in front of the back 4. In a 4231 though, he's great.

Probably an RS

Status
Not open for further replies.