Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
no £90k a week player is getting a million sign on fee, it would be nearer 35mill and we pay agents fees! That now makes him a a £25mill player.

An equivalent 25 year old centre half may cost £15mill and be on a third of his wages as the prem pay so high thats why everyone comes here.

We can all bandy around figures but what we need to decide as a club is that he is the player for us, age, skill, pace (we dont have any and need it), salary and length of contract.

a player that has been at Burnley for so long may not have lots of ambition and so may be drawn to a club that will give him the 5 year deal he may want at £90k believing he is the one to keep them in the prem, we want players to get us to europe and don't personally think he is what we need.

At 22 them over the park invested upto 36 mill on konate on £70k a week for 5 years, thats approx £40 mill deal for a 22 year old, Tarkowski would probably be £30 mill with signing on fee etc. Where would your money go?

For those who argue the figures do the maths yourself!! Dont come back with a cheap shot of how to do maths please.

Tarkowski £90k a week for 4 years = £18.7mil

Market value was £30mil+ in 2020 and £20mil in 2021 (with one year on his deal).

Konate £70k a week for 4 years = £14.5mil plus £36mil fee = £50.5mil

Tarkowski £18.7mil / Konate £50.5mil

Unless ive misinterpreted your post...

Thing is we're assuming he doesn't know how to play because since he went there they don't want him too, he may not actually be bad on the ball if he's not under instructions to hoof it out every time
Of course he can play a little. He's not a premier league footballer for nothing. But one Step at a time. Get our defence tightened up. If Tarwokski can help make our defence more solid , then that's great. If it turns out that he can also play a little , then that's also great. But it's defending first.
Let other players do the playing at the business end of the park.
Ps.........of course I want defenders at Everton that can defend and also bring the ball out from defence. And make accurate forward passes that land at another Everton players feet. But these type of players are like hens teeth. And nowadays cost a fortune. A fortune that we cannot afford.
So it's Tarwokski for me. And just hope that he can help make us more solid. But who knows. Isn't every player brought in a gamble?
And as for defenders taking the ball forward and crossing and making pinpoint accurate forward passes. I've high hopes that Patterson and Mykolenko can do all that. Let's see. Up The Toffees.
Ramble over.....

Let him go to Villa.

Throwing £90-120k at average players is not how you bring an out-of-control wage structure to heel.
Or you could look at it this way. We get a player that tightens up our defence. Who doesn't make many mistakes. Who isn't injured every 5 minutes like Mina. Who doesn't make a costly almost every match mistake like Coleman and Keane. Who can head a ball clear unlike Godfrey. And who doesn't get caught in possession like Holgate. And who doesn't panic , like all our bloody defenders do.
This guy could save us points and goals conceded. Especially stupid goals conceded because of mistakes. Who knows.
Take a punt in him. We will all soon know our fate. Don't think that he would be much worse that what we already have.
Ps........Off load Mina ( who I actually like......But is not reliable) to counter balance the wage bill. Up The Toffees.....

Or you could look at it this way. We get a player that tightens up our defence. Who doesn't make many mistakes. Who isn't injured every 5 minutes like Mina. Who doesn't make a costly almost every match mistake like Coleman and Keane. Who can head a ball clear unlike Godfrey. And who doesn't get caught in possession like Holgate. And who doesn't panic , like all our bloody defenders do.
This guy could save us points and goals conceded. Especially stupid goals conceded because of mistakes. Who knows.
Take a punt in him. We will all soon know our fate. Don't think that he would be much worse that what we already have.
Ps........Off load Mina ( who I actually like......But is not reliable) to counter balance the wage bill. Up The Toffees.....
I don't really have an opinion on his ability, but you can't bring bottom-half players in on top money and expect to get anywhere. Not when we're already well behind on FFP.

If the club can't find someone cheaper in all of world football, there is something fundamentally wrong with how it's operating.

Let Villa have him for £120k a week. I want to see we’ve learned our lessons. For £90k, you’re not necessarily lumbering yourself with a flop.

For £120k youve got Bolasie, Sigurdsson, Walcott, Keane and Tosun all looking up and laughing at the insanity they received.

Villa looking at us, and thinking they can go toe to toe with us in terms of ineptitude is really quite something, mind you, at least they’ve got the infrastructure in place to develop youth players.

Villa eerily reminiscent of us in 2017 trying to make “statements” by getting a load of players in early on and ending up with a squad of about 40 players unable to shift the dross they thought they’d just be able to palm off no problem. As far as I can see none of these players are upgrades on what they already have. I think they’re heading for trouble down the line, remember this post.

Actually don't mind the lad....
If we can do a deal we're happy with financially then I'm not bothered as I think he'd definitely be an asset and allow branthwaite time to develop...
As we know age isn't that much of a concern with defenders as experience and reading the game is just as important as pace etc

Villa eerily reminiscent of us in 2017 trying to make “statements” by getting a load of players in early on and ending up with a squad of about 40 players unable to shift the dross they thought they’d just be able to palm off no problem. As far as I can see none of these players are upgrades on what they already have. I think they’re heading for trouble down the line, remember this post.
They did much the same thing under O'Neill, and it bit them hard in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.