Patrick Viera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I’m not defending the fan, it’s idiotic. It’s still not good from vieira though. If he’d just pushed him out the way or something it’s one thing but actually turning round to go after him and boot him is different. If all he called him was a muppet he must have heard worse a thousand times. As I said, it doesn’t reflect well on either of them.

I kind of thought this. I like Viera too, absolutely loved watching him as a player, and he's done a great job with Palace too. Honestly though, I'm not sure what he is doing walking across the pitch, and secondly lashing out a kick. He obviously has the right to go where he wants, but common sense would tell you, that a side staying up in dramatic fashion is likely to have a pitch invasion, and you are probably best getting off the pitch.

Imagine someone had gone up to Duncan Ferguson calling him a muppet stickin the bird in his face , he’d have destroyed them ??? like mortal kombat , FINISH HIM

I kind of thought this. I like Viera too, absolutely loved watching him as a player, and he's done a great job with Palace too. Honestly though, I'm not sure what he is doing walking across the pitch, and secondly lashing out a kick. He obviously has the right to go where he wants, but common sense would tell you, that a side staying up in dramatic fashion is likely to have a pitch invasion, and you are probably best getting off the pitch.
He was doing what he always did on a pitch: looking for trouble.

Sad thing to happen after such a great night, should not have been in his face full stop, stupid why try to wind up the opposition manager, game won just enjoy it. Same time Vierra was idiotic to do what he done, glad that other Everton fan walked him away before it could get totally out of hand. Well done that fan.

The simple reality is a higher standard IS expected of somebody employed as the face of a Premier League football club. The very fact that there is segregation in football stadia tells you all you need to know about the standard of behaviour expected of football fans. The manager of a club HAS to rise above the provocation he endured last night. I hope we ban the idiot fan. But Vieira has made a clown of himself here.
Hear what you’re saying and you make your point well. I’ll illustrate my point with an analogy.

No one will argue that doctors are held to highly rigid, well defined and enforceable codes of conduct. They’re to act with consummate professionalism at all times, even in the face of provocation which is commonplace during their normal working day.

If a doctor kicks out at a patient in similar circumstances, she/he will be hurled in front of the GMC. That doctor though, or their lawyers actually, are likely to point out that their reaction was in response to a reasonable apprehension of harm upon their body through the actions of the patient. The cctv footage will back that up and it’ll be agreed that it is impossible to uphold required professional behaviour in the face of what is legally definable as “assault”. Said doctor likely to escape severe punishment and we will all cheer for her/him.

I’d be amazed and disappointed if PV is harshly punished for what he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.