2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
….the man & the coach;

The Man; thoroughly decent, highly intellectual with the values and standards we need to repair the division his obnoxious predecessor created. Conflict in the dressing room, conflict with FF staff, conflict in the boardroom is what he has had to deal with. He breathed life into a dying carcus.

The Coach; I honestly think he’s been poor but we’ve survived. Perhaps it’s his intellect that considers complicated ways of playing but footy is a simple game. I’ve said he’s learning on the job, I hope he learns fast because we don’t want to be playing catch-up next season. So glad he turned things around at half-time last night, he deserved the leeway next season will give him.

Up the Toffees.

Inappropriate Language
I'm 20 pages behind and laughing at all the cry arses who had us relegated at half time, game is 90 minutes folks.
If you didn't think we were on deep [Poor language removed] at half time you must be either crackers or a lying.
We were crap and Palace were well in control.
Going forward, Lampard has kept us up so deserves to carry on,
Despite last night still not sure he is the man to get us on track again,
Brentford and Watford , Burnley all example why I have my doubts.
Hope he proves me wrong and does a great job in tbe future.

If you didn't think we were on deep [Poor language removed] at half time you must be either crackers or a lying.
I'll be honest, I take medication that makes me drowsy, I fell asleep just before KO, woke up at 21:15 2-1 down, fell back asleep, woke up at 21:45 and we'd won, I miss a lot of evening games because of this.

Still so many people spouting nonsense before the game has finished.

I'll be honest, I take medication that makes me drowsy, I fell asleep just before KO, woke up at 21:15 2-1 down, fell back asleep, woke up at 21:45 and we'd won, I miss a lot of evening games because of this.

I was pissed in a bar in Spain, surrounded by fans from all over the place , mostly Rs, , southern ones , yank ones, ect I was a raving loon at half time, had the place in uproar.
Made a show of myself,
The life of an Everton fan is never easy.
Anyway let's be happy for the moment.

I agree with you to an extent, but he was given a truly awful set of players to somehow turn around and get us to safety.

It cannot be easy for a new manager to inherit a squad full of, let's face it, largely misfit players signed under five previous managers.

Add to that the truly awful luck he's had with injuries; to be forced to play with a back line of Coleman Holgate Keane and Kenny for about 10 matches it about as bad as it gets. I honestly cannot think of any team being without their four first choice defenders for such an extended period of time.

He's been able to breathe life back into this club, get the fans onside and make players previously and probably rightly written off set some kind of decent standards to go forwards with.

For that I think he deserves a lot of credit, even though I do question a lot of decisions he makes, for example the last two games with Gomes which was crippling for us.

I was pissed in a bar in Spain, surrounded by fans from all over the place , mostly Rs, , southern ones , yank ones, ect I was a raving loon at half time, had the place in uproar.
Made a show of myself,
The life of an Everton fan is never easy.
Anyway let's be happy for the moment.
Amen brother, we are safe, onwards and upwards. Tell you what though nice to have some emotion back isn't it, just hope it's challenging for trophies in future but by heck, I have enjoyed that feeling of giving a crap again.

I agree with you to an extent, but he was given a truly awful set of players to somehow turn around and get us to safety.

It cannot be easy for a new manager to inherit a squad full of, let's face it, largely misfit players signed under five previous managers.

Add to that the truly awful luck he's had with injuries; to be forced to play with a back line of Coleman Holgate Keane and Kenny for about 10 matches it about as bad as it gets. I honestly cannot think of any team being without their four first choice defenders for such an extended period of time.

He's been able to breathe life back into this club, get the fans onside and make players previously and probably rightly written off set some kind of decent standards to go forwards with.

For that I think he deserves a lot of credit, even though I do question a lot of decisions he makes, for example the last two games with Gomes which was crippling for us.
He does deserve credit, that was a big job he had on his hands keeping us up .
He is inexperienced , and we should really expect a few up and downs along the way I suppose.,
He will get the time now to learn ,so I will get behind him.

….it’s because they desperately care, Matey. The club took the fans to the edge, I’ve not been relaxed about it since Christmas. 2-0 down at half-time, the performance and team set-up was a mess.

Amen brother, we are safe, onwards and upwards. Tell you what though nice to have some emotion back isn't it, just hope it's challenging for trophies in future but by heck, I have enjoyed that feeling of giving a crap again.
Think I have had enough emotional for now mate, be nice to watch a game and not be bottling it, and spending half the time wondering how other results go.
Life seems so much better this morning.
Hope you get better mate.

Hope in the summer he can get some of the signings he wants to build a team to play how he wants. Bizarre decision to play Gomes last night and he needed to change the system way earlier than he did when it was clearly not working.
There were rumours a few weeks ago we were trying again to bring Anthony Barry from Chelsea. He’s very highly regarded and could help with organisation and tactics. He’d be a good addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.