Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh i think it was foolish at the time. He could have gone for it at Watford without having to completely change the shape, and a win there would now have us safe barring a miracle. But of course, if decisions go our way yesterday then things may look very different.
It makes no sense to me that Lampard went with caution away to Watford (which in isolation I supported and still do) but then allows them to get adventurous after taking the lead at home to Brentford and not get into a defensive shape to preserve the lead.

I think Lampard allowed the atmosphere to get the better of his judgement and he went for a KO blow too early.

The only shining light for me is that we started with the right mindset and approach to yesterdays game. Things happen in football and the sending off changed the game (and our mindset) in a flash.

If we somehow avoid another brain fart on Thursday we’ll hopefully have enough for palace. It ain’t Man City that we’re playing!

Scored 1 and conceded 7 in 2 games against them. 4 was with Lampard as manager.

Sure, it sounds good to say concentrate on ourselves and winning - but I reckon we're going to need results elsewhere to go in our favour.
And neither were at home, so let's just try and get it done. If we don't then that's when we have to think about other results, obviously.\

It would be great if Villa beat Burnley but it's all irrelevant if we do our job

Tbh i think it was foolish at the time. He could have gone for it at Watford without having to completely change the shape, and a win there would now have us safe barring a miracle. But of course, if decisions go our way yesterday then things may look very different.

Gray missed a sitter from 8 yards. There was no excuse for that miss. And it cost us 2 points.

It makes no sense to me that Lampard went with caution away to Watford (which in isolation I supported and still do) but then allows them to get adventurous after taking the lead at home to Brentford and not get into a defensive shape to preserve the lead.

I think Lampard allowed the atmosphere to get the better of his judgement and he went for a KO blow too early.
I mean it was one long ball Dave and a mistake from Branthwaite, but the referee didn't do his job

Gray missed a sitter from 8 yards. There was no excuse for that miss. And it cost us 2 points.
They're crap players, him included. There's a reason he was available for so little.

But, the manager had to have a bit more impetus too. He could have gone for it without being overly reckless IMO.

Palace and Arsenal are not my biggest worry, my worry is the premier league and their bosses at SKY.

They have now shown they are bare faced and calculating cheats and have no shame or fear of putting us down.

We have been bad this season by our expected standards but we really would be above Southampton now but for the blatant cheating from powers that be who have nobody to answer to, nobody. No ombudsman or anything to rectify wrongs.

Look lads, I am not a conspiricy ball bag, it's there for all to see. The pen against City got universal air time, a more blatant hand ball is hard to see, yet it never went to VAR. It goes to VAR for us if one of our players hands is within a foot of the ball in the box.

There's so many examples of this behaviour against us this season to analyse.
Yesterday? 1-0 up, looking comfortable and well on top with half an hour gone, cruising it.

Then Richarlison gets his shirt ragged off his back when he's going for goal, not a sausage we got and not a peep from VAR.
Us going 2-0 up was simply unacceptable to them, it was never going to happen if they could in any way deny us.

I blame our players a bit here too, they put no pressure on the ref and VAR to act. 22 arms should have gone up in the air instantly with loud vocal calls, not doing so eases things for VAR to ignore it.

The sending off was just a fluky bonus for them, it was the correct decision by the book and against Everton that innocent tangle of legs by the last man only had one outcome, we play to different rules than the top 6.

The tackle and sending off of Rondon? instant red, no thought about it from the ref, instant. Yet Richarlison has been subjected to far worse treatment and career ending challenges than that this season, often without a booking being given.
The player made it look like a double break shin high challenge, Rondon got his foot, double footed maybe-ish, but not a red.

Bitter? Not really. Just a bit sad for the team, Frank and the fans that we just get no breaks from this treatment, it's never ending.

Maybe they owe us one now, maybe they will give us a bit of payback and redress the balance against Palace.

Sadly I doubt it, if we are to win on Thursday it has to be squeaky clean and unVARable if we score.

We have been crap this season, the squad isn't good enough but they don't deserve this.

Truly sinister goings on have done us.

And neither were at home, so let's just try and get it done. If we don't then that's when we have to think about other results, obviously.\

It would be great if Villa beat Burnley but it's all irrelevant if we do our job

That's the saving grace.

Palace away from home are pretty good though because of their pace on the counter;

1652694419697.png

7 defeats in 18.

I mean it was one long ball Dave and a mistake from Branthwaite, but the referee didn't do his job
That's all it took to destroy our chances.

If you're in a defensive set up you dont suffer that.

Lampard has a lot to learn as a manager. I think the cavalier approach gets the better of him.

He'll be good as a manager for us in any other circumstances, but we need a wise general in a relegation fight.

palace are very beatable, only man city and liverpool are in a different category in this league.

it's just annoying that a draw won't guarantee safety too

That's all it took to destroy our chances.

If you're in a defensive set up you dont suffer that.

Lampard has a lot to learn as a manager. I think the cavalier approach gets the better of him.

He'll be good as a manager for us in any other circumstances, but we need a wise general in a relegation fight.
I've just watched it back. There were two Everton players in the box and two outside the box, plus the player who crossed it in, upfield.

There were five defenders.

One of those defenders makes a mistake. It gets punished.

But, it shouldn't have ever happened, as it was a blatant foul on Richarlison.

It wasn't exactly the charge of the light brigade, Dave.

I know your not mate, i mean every man and his dog seem to be nearly 100% saying Brentford will win (Which may be more because Everton may need them to), which obviously hopefully they do if we need them, but i dont think its a cert Brentford win as people are making/hoping for
It's not a cert . But a draw will suffice as well .
To be honest most on here are sayin Leeds will win .

Status
Not open for further replies.