Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll see how next season mate. Rondon is going to be the leagues top scorer and lifting the trophy. How you ask? The return of a certain Icelandic midfield maestro!

EVERTON'S GONNA WIN THE CUP....RONDON'S GONNA LIFT IT UP. LET'S GO! LET'S GO! LET'S GO!
Mitrovic scored loads in the championship as well ??

As much of a Brighton fan as an Everton fan this weekend. Leeds still worry me.
Yes, I think we need to price in a Leeds sting. They may be a dying wasp, but there is every chance they will ramp up the stress levels before they drop.

I've been slicing and dicing this, and to me it comes down to these two home matches now. Our players have no excuse. They need four points to be safe. If it turns out we need less in the end, that's a bonus. But if they cannot get this done this week, I think all bets are off and we are likely to drop on Sunday week. At some point, a team has to grasp its chance at freedom and bound to safety. We had a chance to do that by winning at Newcastle, by winning at Burnley, and even by winning at Watford. We have left all of those chances behind us. Sunday and Thursday offers us one final chance before we enter the margin of error and nervous breakdown territory on the last day.

Sunday is huge. The manager - and players - must be both brave and self-aware. We need the points. We must attack sensibly and ensure we keep the door closed at the back. This is not a time for defensive blunders and missed gilt-edged chances. My hope is Richarlison gets a chance where he doesn't have to think about what he has to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.