Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

He’s a decent shot stopper but that’s basically all. Third choice for me as far as US keepers go but our goofy manager loves him because he coached him a few years ago. I do think Pickford will go this summer. Stock will be high and we need money. Still say if Burnley goes down we should be after Pope.
Could see Newcastle going for Pope. I’d have him as a replacement for Pickford though.

I have above. He’d likely cost £20m and would be a downgrade on what we have currently with no realistic prospect of improving. It would be like selling DCL and signing Chris wood. They aren’t bad players in their own right but they’re absolutely not the profile we need to be looking at.
So lets say we get 40mil for pickford. Just a number…Who are we buying that’s an upgrade for less? And secondarily 20mil for a proven entity like Pope leaves another 20 for further investment. Might the sum of the parts be greater than the individual?

Chelsea didn’t think salah or de Bruyne were good enough

Sometimes you need to go and find your own way
Think it has just finally clicked for him this season tbh, he was at Coventry last season and did very little, yet this season its all come together and he can't stop scoring and is getting assists and looks a decent young player.

Status
Not open for further replies.