Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
That result last night could have happened to any Everton team since the late 80s. In fact, we were losing at home to relegated teams late last season. We need to move on. Accept we're in a slightly better position than before and go for it at home and get behind the team. It's still very much in our hands to get the job done before Arsenal.

We just don't know really do we? But we should be favourites to stay up. If we could see into the future this thread wouldn't be on 1858 pages.

You no how much pressure Leeds are under? They got to win 2 games without Dallas Ayling and James. Rathina went off injured as well. All the pressure is on them not us. They have to beat Brighton

They don't necessarily need to win 2 games. 3 or 4 points could get them above Burnley. Realistically they will need at least 1 win though.

This is a 3 way battle and we have our noses ahead. We need to make sure we don't give the other sides a sniff.

We are in big trouble.

Maybe the crowd can help us cause an upset against Palace because the crowd have been magnificent of late (like a 12th man, as Frank said), but Palace tonked us 4-0 the other month without breaking a sweat.

If I was a gambling man I would bet on us getting just 3 points from our final 3 matches, which almost certainly won’t be enough to keep us up.

Brentford on Sunday is a MUST win. It’s perhaps the biggest game in our club’s history. We have got to get behind the lads from the first whistle to the last like we did against Chelsea.

I’m actually not that disappointed with the point against Watford away because the last time we played them we conceded 5 goals, but it leaves us in a perilous situation.
If you were a gambling man the bookies would love to have you as a customer

Kin' hell, we don't win a game and the manic-depressives are in force talking about next season and us potentially being in another relegation battle again! Ffs people lets at least get this one out the way and determine what division we're playing in next season before you start with the fictional doomsday scenarios about it eh?!

They don't necessarily need to win 2 games. 3 or 4 points could get them above Burnley. Realistically they will need at least 1 win though.

This is a 3 way battle and we have our noses ahead. We need to make sure we don't give the other sides a sniff.
I keep forgetting that we only need to finish above one of them lol

It's mad.

They went on a 5-game unbeaten run, which yes while fortunate, only ended because they played Man City.

They'll have Elland Road full on behind them because, well, frankly, it's just Brighton.

They also know that it puts all of the pressure back on us.

I would not be surprised at all if we start the Brentford game below Leeds. I equally would not be surprised to see us start that game only needing a point to ensure safety.

Same brighton who went away to arsenal and spurs within the space of a week and won at both. Who have won last two games versus woves and man utd by an agg score of 7-0. Brighton have more points away than at home.
Bar possibly city and liverpool i think this is as tough a game for leeds they could have. I can see them picking leeds off with their football.

Scored 9 in the last 3 and only conceded 2.

Leeds will be playing with real desperation so they can't be ruled out. It's a toss up game as far as I see. Any of the 3 outcomes are very possible.

What matters though is that we control our own destiny, we have two winnable home games coming up, and have more points on the board. We need to focus on ourselves, because a win on Sunday and we aren't going down.

As frustrating as last night was, given our atrocious away form all season if you'd offered me 4 points from 2 back to back away games at this point of the season I would have bit your hand off and in truth not much has changed. We needed at least 4 points before the game yesterday and we're a point closer to that.
Come kick off on Sunday we'll know exactly what we need to do. Leeds lose and we need a point, but get a win and safety is secured regardless. Get that old stadium bouncing, get the job done and then enjoy the last two games and let Leeds and Burnley battle it out.

Last night was however a stark reminder that whilst the mood has changed the last few games, this team is seriously poor and needs overhauling.

Leeds will be playing with real desperation so they can't be ruled out. It's a toss up game as far as I see. Any of the 3 outcomes are very possible.
If they get desperate they’ll lose their heads and get another player sent off, that’s the big danger for Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.