Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a great win that was! We have an already relegated Watford away next, and then it's two home games back to back, against Brentford and Crystal Palace.

We win all three of those games, and safety might be secured before that final game at Arsenal. I hope i'm not jinxing things here, but it looks like that the corner has been turned.
If we do this. Which is possible. There will be no dangers of relegation.

I can only make a case for Burnley winning 3 more points. Spurs they'll get nothing. Villa beat them with ease at their place and Gerrard will have Villa up for the other 3 points. TBH I cant even see them taking all 3 points at home to Newcastle though.

They'll finish on 35 points, IMO.

Leeds have a little bit more quality, but they'll struggle against a desperate Chelsea team to secure a point; Brighton are superb away from home and will be a real handful for Leeds; Brentford wont lose at home last game in their form. I can see Leeds picking up maybe 2 more points...3 top whack.

They'll finish on 36 points, IMO.

If we get a draw or win against Watford it's likely to be enough...but let's hope our players aren't making those calculations.

I can only make a case for Burnley winning 3 more points. Spurs they'll get nothing. Villa beat them with ease at their place and Gerrard will have Villa up for the other 3 points. TBH I cant even see them taking all 3 points at home to Newcastle though.

They'll finish on 35 points, IMO.

Leeds have a little bit more quality, but they'll struggle against a desperate Chelsea team to secure a point; Brighton are superb away from home and will be a real handful for Leeds; Brentford wont lose at home last game in their form. I can see Leeds picking up maybe 2 more points...3 top whack.

They'll finish on 36 points, IMO.

If we get a draw or win against Watford it's likely to be enough...but let's hope our players aren't making those calculations.
If we beat Watford and Chelsea beat Leeds, we will 4 points ahead of them going into the weekend.
If my maths is correct on Sunday if Brighton have beaten Leeds in the morning, leaving them with one game to play and a 4 point gap we are officially safe as they wont be able to catch us?

We could kick off against Brentford safe from relegation?

Either way if Leeds do pick up a win in the next two games, if we have beaten Watford a win against Brentford will also get us over the line if Burnley have lost earlier to Spurs.
We have two teams chasing us, we only need one of them to be out of reach.

That’s hilarious, the most Uber positive thread in the world followed by the entire forum disagreeing ha.
This was a highlight

I’m just not sure I can summon the energy. It’s a long drive and no doubt some old fatty will have a heart attack in the Upper GT again while screeching at everyone to ‘support are club’ and so I won’t get home the right side of midnight, like the Chelsea game earlier in the season. It’s just not a risk I’m willing to take

Given recent results this is a big positive having two clubs below us with only a handful of games remaining
Yeah if it was a one on one it would be heavy, but they both have to get results, just cant see it, we are masters of our own desinty thankfully now though, its not over but it would be a spectacular explosion for us to mess that up

Not done yet but it was a big step - same again at Watford and hope the results in the other games go our way like they did at the weekend and I think we’re ok.

Would love us to win every game to seasons end now, just to ram it up the pl, rs and the rs media, but I’m being greedy there.

Just get safe asap Everton, for the incredible supporters if nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.