Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
This!

We are in trouble, we are shockingly bad. So are Leeds. Our hope is we can win some games as I can see Leeds losing all their remaining four. It won't be easy, we may not do it. We are in deep poo poo. But make the noise today and scare the crap out of the Chelsea players.

We have to cling to the hope until it is gone

COYB
Leeds losing their last 4 sounds like hopeful delusion, before yesterday they'd just gone 5 unbeaten.

We just don't score enough goals to think we can win 3 or 4 games.
That's a minimum 4 goals if we do manage to keep clean sheets another thing we struggle with.
We are in this position for a reason and we are just not good enough.
I desperately hope for a Burnley type upturn in form.
Let's pray the footballing gods are with us.
As you allude, it's an unpredictable run of form that we are now depending on. It can be done, as Burnley have shown. Leicester won the title on such a run, as the most extreme example.

We are not going to be relegated on expected points per game.

If we survive, then that run begins today. It's as much mental strength, momentum, luck, and not fate itself but a sense of fate that counts now.

Could still make a case for 35 - quite possible Leeds will only get 1 point from the 4 games, they are very tough games.

Whether we get to 35 is another story !
Its a possibility. That's becomes more fleeting. People are expecting us to beat Chelsea. I'd say if Leeds can pull pf something in the next 2 games we might have to need near 40 even over. But anyway I'm falling into the trap now. Point was I hate this prediction stuff. No one knows.

Let's make today a cup final and look no further.

This!

We are in trouble, we are shockingly bad. So are Leeds. Our hope is we can win some games as I can see Leeds losing all their remaining four.

Last six games

Everton W2 D1 L3 7/18 points
Leeds W3 D2 L1 11/18 points
Burnley W4 D1 L1 13/18 points

If Leeds keep playing as they have, they will get more points on the board. No way do they lose all of the last four. The only defeat they have in the last six games is against Man City. Both Leeds and Burnley are playing very well under new managers.

We really need to step things up very quickly. Hopefully starting with a win today.

We need to win our 3 home games, lose today and that could be it considering our away form.
Even IF we win our 3 home games, which I dont think we will, would mean Burnley and Leeds just need 4 points unless we can start winning away. FYI only away win this season v Brighton 28th August 2021 (1 win 3 draws and 12 defeats, -22 GD). Rock bottom 20th for away form, just 6 points from a possible 48. By comparison Burnley have 13 points away from home and Leeds 17.

To suggest we have been particularly good at home is also laughable, 12th for home form. We are badly gash and the only hope is home form does make a difference between now and the end of the season, being 5 points from safety might focus the minds.

Ultimately I think we will battle bravely but its too little too late........ We will be the next team plummeting down the divisions.

Praying we stay up but you can`t transform the very same players that have got us in to this with 6 games to go when Frank has had 11 games and not changed much in terms of results and PPG.

1651400308094.png

Its a possibility. That's becomes more fleeting. People are expecting us to beat Chelsea. I'd say if Leeds can pull pf something in the next 2 games we might have to need near 40 even over. But anyway I'm falling into the trap now. Point was I hate this prediction stuff. No one knows.

Let's make today a cup final and look no further.
Very true mate, I said on another post that if we don’t win today we are in trouble. It’s a big ask and our away form is a joke.

Even IF we win our 3 home games, which I dont think we will, would mean Burnley and Leeds just need 4 points unless we can start winning away. FYI only away win this season v Brighton 28th August 2021 (1 win 3 draws and 12 defeats, -22 GD). Rock bottom 20th for away form, just 6 points from a possible 48. By comparison Burnley have 13 points away from home and Leeds 17.

To suggest we have been particularly good at home is also laughable, 12th for home form. We are badly gash and the only hope is home form does make a difference between now and the end of the season, being 5 points from safety might focus the minds.

Ultimately I think we will battle bravely but its too little too late........ We will be the next team plummeting down the divisions.

Praying we stay up but you can`t transform the very same players that have got us in to this with 6 games to go when Frank has had 11 games and not changed much in terms of results and PPG.

View attachment 164013
That away form is a disgrace, as is the home form to be fair.

View attachment 164013
That right side table is unbelievable. I mean, 6 pts out of 48 on the road? ffs.

I don't particularly like trying to project results or points totals either, but it's kind of unavoidable at this stage, as the number of games left reduces.

I wasn't sure Burnley would go on a run, but it wasn't unreasonable to assume it was possible. And it happened.

With Leeds, my feeling is 7 further points as best case scenario for them. That's unlikely but so was Burnleys run. That would leave us with 12 points to make up to overtake them on GD.

4 wins from 6 for us or close to it. I don't see us with much if a chance if we take anything less than 9 points, but I think we might need 11.

Leeds losing their last 4 sounds like hopeful delusion, before yesterday they'd just gone 5 unbeaten.
They have Arsenal and Chelsea next so could easily lose both. Brighton are very good and Brentford could go out with a party. Leeds lost one of their best players yesterday. So, yes! they could lose all 4.

What really matters is can we win a few? However unlikely we must do it.

They have Arsenal and Chelsea so could easily lose both. Brighton are very good and Brentford could go out with a party. Leeds lost one of their best players yesterday. So, yes! they could lose all 4.

What really matters is can we win a few? However unlikely we must do it.

We also have Arsenal and Chelsea and could easily lose both. The difference is that they play a very weakened Chelsea team missing 8-11 first team players.

You are right at the end though. It is down to us. At the start of this season, we would have looked at this set of fixtures and predicted 10-12 points. That might actually be what is required to keep us in the EPL.

However, based on our recent performances, it is likely we will only pick up 6-8 points and sadly, that will not be enough. We need a big change in form like we have seen from Burnley and Leeds recently.

I think they could struggle to win one of their remaining four.

Arsenal away- going for top 4 and Spurs will win some games so seems like a probable defeat.

Chelsea home- difficult to call. No idea who's idea was to place that 3 days before cup final but means no chance Chelsea will put out their strongest 11. Still with all the history will be lively so I'll go for a draw.

Brighton home- Obviously the game they'll go all in for the three points. As shown yesterday Brighton are a decent team and have picked up some great away wins so with freedom they'll create chances so that's nowhere near a gimme like Norwich at home would be.

Brentford away- Nothing to play for but in incredible form and the chance to relegate Leeds would certainly motivate them.

I actually think there's a decent chance they'll only be on 35-36 points going into final game so surely could at least get close to them and take it to final day whereas I think now Burnley with their momentum are over the hill and gone so no point really looking at their games much.

Status
Not open for further replies.