Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
While we still have a reasonable chance of getting out of this mess im not sure why theres so many

"I knew we were down in X month"

"Were doomed"

Posts...we arent down yet.

By end of play May 11th we'll know if we have 5+ pts gained and thats the time people should really panic.

Weve got 11 days.
Sorry mate, but if you’re not panicking now… you’re not paying attention.

It’s still in our hands in the sense that if we win every one of our remaining matches we stay up even if Burnley win every one of their remaining matches.

Realistically, though, we are almost certainly going to lose at Arsenal on the final day of the season. And we will almost certainly lose the Leicester away game.

Tomorrow is looking like a game that we simply can’t afford to lose. Lose it and realistically we are down. A draw would still leave us in with a shout.

My fear for tomorrow is that we will start poorly as we always do and our fans will become restless and possibly even angry. As we saw during the Benitez era (if you can call it that!) abusing our own players is counterproductive and usually leads to defeat.

We were 20th!... when you take out away games he won... lol

Good looking Frank will get all the pardon. Ugly unpersonable Benitez and Sam will get mind gymnastics to be discredited

Wtf are you talking about? Aside from the first few matches after he took over a team that had 59pts the year prior....we were 20th in the form table until Lampard slowly turned that around.

We went then to 11th, 12th and 14th in the form table (6game runs).

We would have been worse than Watford if Benitez had stayed.

…amazing how you and your couple of pals still seem in denial over Benitez, I remember you and your buddies criticising our unbelievable fanbase rather than him.

I just wish we were all wrong and you were so right. What’s sad is the lack of contrition but it’s understandable in your case because at least you were so open about wanting to see us relegated. You must be delighted tonight.

Your obsession with Benitez is scandalous considering whats followed on from his depature near 4 months ago.

He's gone Eggs - the bad man cant hurt/touch you any longer.

It’s still in our hands in the sense that if we win every one of our remaining matches we stay up even if Burnley win every one of their remaining matches.

Realistically, though, we are almost certainly going to lose at Arsenal on the final day of the season. And we will almost certainly lose the Leicester away game.

Tomorrow is looking like a game that we simply can’t afford to lose. Lose it and realistically we are down. A draw would still leave us in with a shout.

My fear for tomorrow is that we will start poorly as we always do and our fans will become restless and possibly even angry. As we saw during the Benitez era (if you can call it that!) abusing our own players is counterproductive and usually leads to defeat.
The issue is we haven’t won twice in a row since we beat Brighton and Burnley.

We now have to win three/four out of six to stay up…it’s doable but it’ll be a miracle.

There’s sweet fa to be positive about mate.

Our goal threat is non existent.
Creativity is non existent.

We can’t score and can’t keep goals out, there’s no way we are going to just come good all of a sudden.
Conceded 1 goal in last 3 home games

Leeds only have 4 games remaining now, 2 of them are Chelsea and Arsenal which they may get nothing out of. Brighton are doing well in 9th so that is quite tough for them and their last game is Brentford and that is away. Looking at that lot they may only get another 3 points or so out of them 4 games.

They are definitely our best chance of safety now i would say but we are still probably going to need about 4 wins out of the 6 because we need 2 just to overtake them by 1.

Clinging on to whatever i can grab aren't i. lol

Wtf are you talking about? Aside from the first few matches after he took over a team that had 59pts the year prior....we were 20th in the form table until Lampard slowly turned that around.

We went then to 11th, 12th and 14th in the form table (6game runs).

We would have been worse than Watford if Benitez had stayed.
'Aside from'.. 'if you take away x y and z.'

Its called manipulating fachts to suit your argument.

Benitez was wrong choice. Not looking good that Frank is either. If he gets us out of this. He will. But its not looking great.

Point is neither are to blame. Its the owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.