Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll.

Your Everton MOTM vs Chelsea

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paradoxically I think players might not be at 100pc from the start if Burnley drop points. Thats what they are like. We have to get our own results but even so if we had that extra incentive to cut the gap it would be great.

Paradoxically I think players might not be at 100pc from the start if Burnley drop points. Thats what they are like. We have to get our own results but even so if we had that extra incentive to cut the gap it would be great.
We don’t want Burnley picking up anymore points Bri, no matter what supposed improved psychological effect that would have on our players!

Our situation is now perilous. But that doesn't mean it's over.

Regardless of how awful this season has been, or how we might feel about certain players, we have to put all of that aside now.
EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. of us has to back the players, manager and coaching staff. They will need us for these last six games.
Agreed.

I know at this point the players are so accustomed to performing laughably they were incapable of feeling shame but they have the opportunity to redeem themselves to a certain degree. Also if the majority of them hope to salvage a passable career elsewhere it's best they avert such a visible debacle being apart of a midtable team relegated

After the Kopite-style welcome to the team coach, we'll probably find ourselves two down within 15 minutes and be booing the very same carts that we were cheering as heroes just 1 hour earlier.
They were ready to turn against Leicester, i actually thought we might of been up for it against Villa but that was drab too, only Newcastle has really been explosive, and the later parts of the Arsenal game

Inappropriate Content
Anybody know which hotel the Chelsea boys are staying at?

I'll stick £20 in the kitty if somebody is prepared to buy a load of fireworks and set them off through the night, set off the fire alarms, call in a bomb threat, etc.

Same applies to all remaining home games.

Who wants to make a few bob then?

I'll stick £20 in the kitty if somebody is prepared to buy a load of fireworks and set them off through the night, set off the fire alarms, call in a bomb threat, etc.

With any sense they'll just stay in Manchester or out in the sticks in Cheshire as they're doing today before playing Man. United unless there's some rule you have to stay in city/town of team you're playing. But then there's barely 1 star hotels in places like Burnley so guess there's exceptions...

I'd be interested the team Chelsea put out tonight. Hopefully Thiago Silva plays as seems little chance he'd start twice in under 72 hours and think Rudiger is injured so the rest of their defence isn't that great.

Got endless combinations in attack though with Pulisic and Ziyech bench warming regularly along with some Belgian CF....

What a stupid idea. And this would only increase their motivation too.

Could we see Dele Alli get a start? We don't have a striker now DCL is "injured" pending his transfer to Arsenal and the rest of the strikers can't hit a barn door. Perhaps Alli might play as a false 9 with Richy and Gordon either side of him. He's probably our best option as a hold up player now.

Chelsea might do an "Everton" and capitulate if we get am early goal. Their players all want away with the uncertainty around ownership and contracts. If we can make it a spicy game from the off and get our noses in front I think their could be a major scalping on the cards

Status
Not open for further replies.