Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
We positively cannot start next season, whatever league we are in, with Gray and Townsend. Townsend as a squad player I am ok with, but Gray completely breaks down near every attack, he's pretty useless unless its in a free counter attacking role where he can use his pace.

Am with you tho Toff, we will not see 10-15 new players next season, what I want to do is shed the rubbish, the contracts bogging us down for ANY actual money so it looks good on the balance sheet - and then bring in 7 players, who will improve the team and squad and then go from there.

We are losing a lot of players this summer if we like it or not, disregarding the contracts expiring, we need to focus on the right players for the team/squad, not 10-15 players who just bulk out.
He'd be good in the Champ though wouldn't he. I mean it's only since he's come back from the injury he got v Newcastle that he's looked shocking. Pretty sure he'd be fantastic in the second tier tbh.

100% agree on the rest. My whole point is as much as we all want a big reset and it's needed, we can't expect to have 15 players having to come in and guarantee us promotion.

I've not suggested that. I don't think the players we have are capable of mounting a promotion push, because they are soft and won't battle away from home.

My point is that it's better to completely rip up the squad, have a fresh start and build something from the bottom up. If that takes a couple of years then so be it. It's far better than gambling that this squad get promotion, and risk our finances at the same time due to their champions league level wages. Why would we keep these players and expect them to win enough games? They are losers - it's not going to happen.
If we have more than a year in the Champ then we are going to be up the creek mate

And then 1-2 years becomes, very easily, 5-10

He'd be good in the Champ though wouldn't he. I mean it's only since he's come back from the injury he got v Newcastle that he's looked shocking. Pretty sure he'd be fantastic in the second tier tbh.

100% agree on the rest. My whole point is as much as we all want a big reset and it's needed, we can't expect to have 15 players having to come in and guarantee us promotion.

Honestly, I dont think he would, he is obviously successful with a free role where he can exploit his pace on the counter, he was successful with that, but with the set up it appears he won't be in that. He is a extremely selfish player, and I can understand that if you're good enough to get outcomes, but the amount of times he cuts in and ignores what's a better pass is ridiculous, it breaks down near every attack we have.

Am not convinced he would be any better in the championship personally, he has pace that's it. The championship is a decent league and I am not convinced he would offer much more down there.

I would happily move him on for profit this summer.

Honestly, I dont think he would, he is obviously successful with a free role where he can exploit his pace on the counter, he was successful with that, but with the set up it appears he won't be in that. He is a extremely selfish player, and I can understand that if you're good enough to get outcomes, but the amount of times he cuts in and ignores what's a better pass is ridiculous, it breaks down near every attack we have.

Am not convinced he would be any better in the championship personally, he has pace that's it. The championship is a decent league and I am not convinced he would offer much more down there.

I would happily move him on for profit this summer.
Tbf in that Hull game he was excellent and we didn't play on the counter in that match.

But yes, he's very frustrating.

would you take being above leeds on goal difference going into the last game of the season if it was offered to you right now?
That really is a tough call , were at Arsenal and there at Brentford.
I can't see us getting anything at Arsenal so you would be relying on them not getting a point at Brentford. I think Leeds would win or draw if they had too.But I don't trust our players to get enough to still be in contention on the last day so to be honest I would take that nightmare senario

It's come to something when people are lamenting the loss of Tom Davies, a player with no positive attributes.

We're struggling enough without him getting robbed of possession in his own half all the time.
He's a semi-competent number 6 which would have allowed us to play 433

He doesn't get robbed of possession in his own half all of the time. I remember using the numbers to prove that to you and you just went 'can't listen to stats'

And it was about if we went down to the Championship, then as he's injured anyway he's unlikely to be sold and so he'd be of use.

Of course in an ideal world he'd get moved on with the whole lot of them, but in an ideal world we're nowhere near the mess we are in.

And whatever your thoughts on Davies, he's had no input into the mess in the last six months now.

A draw was fair enough, but although we had less chances, we had the far better chances. The two Richarlison missed were as clear as you get. To miss one is disappointing, but to miss both is just so poor.
I kinda meant the timing of the goal meant we just scraped a draw which is right I guess

He's a semi-competent number 6 which would have allowed us to play 433

He doesn't get robbed of possession in his own half all of the time. I remember using the numbers to prove that to you and you just went 'can't listen to stats'

And it was about if we went down to the Championship, then as he's injured anyway he's unlikely to be sold and so he'd be of use.

Of course in an ideal world he'd get moved on with the whole lot of them, but in an ideal world we're nowhere near the mess we are in.

And whatever your thoughts on Davies, he's had no input into the mess in the last six months now.
Ancelotti gave him the role of taking the ball off the defence, and he was consistently robbed of possession in his own half because he has neither the strength nor skill to keep the ball. He also has a pitiful range of passing.

I very much doubt that I said 'can't listen to stats' in the face of your irrefutable evidence, but seeing as though I think the polar opposite to you about everything, I'll continue to trust my lying eyes over your journalistic pilpul.

That really is a tough call , were at Arsenal and there at Brentford.
I can't see us getting anything at Arsenal so you would be relying on them not getting a point at Brentford. I think Leeds would win or draw if they had too.But I don't trust our players to get enough to still be in contention on the last day so to be honest I would take that nightmare senario

we have to be safe before last day.

Status
Not open for further replies.