2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree things must change starting with beating Chelsea which is possible. Followed by:
Leicester draw
Watford win
Brentford win
Crystal Palace win

I think 13 points will do it. Job done ;)

Sometimes got to change there or we're down.
Scoring the chances we're making is the one. It's naive to think we'll score each and every time we get forward, but we had chances and they went wide.

Think back to Wednesday with Richarlison's header and scuff. If you're not putting the ball on target, you're very unlikely to score the necessary goals.

That's what needs to change although we had the same problem under Benitez, so I don't think it's as easy as we may wish, hope or believe it to be.

Richy deserved a red at the end.
3 match ban.
You can’t manage that utter stupidity.
I think if the game wasn't already won, he would have been off. I think the ref allowing him to stay on, in his head, was in return for the penalty he didn't give. Buying back some good will on his crap decision making earlier. Surprised VAR didn't intervene like...

I agree things must change starting with beating Chelsea which is possible. Followed by:
Leicester draw
Watford win
Brentford win
Crystal Palace win

I think 13 points will do it. Job done ;)
13pts will likely do it... However you'd get huge odds on that happening, as it won't.

In the Championship? It's no use sending for a manager who works players until they drop and disciplines them. We dont have the players to respond to that.

We'd have to wait a few seasons to get shut of the *stars* so we can get a manager in to get a new type of player playing.

This lot could never get us back up straight away.
You haven't answered my question.

We might as well keep him if we go down. He's experience in the championship and he'll be good at getting in younger players and working with them, which is what we'll likely have to do. Give him a year to see if he can get us back up.

We aren't in a better place with lampard, we are in a worse one by far.

I don't say that based on points alone , it's the constant changing tactics , the lack of clear attack that we did have under benitez , insistence of playing senior players over the likes of Patterson etc.

We are worse off in a way because there hasn't been an improvement. At least with the old manager you could say his tactics with his players 'could' have turned us around maybe. Even now , 3 months later , how does lampard want us to play? It changes so much each game from pressing to containing to park the bus today.

I back lampard , I'd love to know in advance that we are safe and we are planning to gut the squad in the summer and reset it in the premier league. I don't expect Europe under lampard for a while but starting from the bottom up, I completely back lampard.

It's just we aren't better having him in. That lack of identity is killing us now in a relegation battle. At least Burnley know what they are doing and it's working. Drawing from the spirit of the club to give them a chance. On top of everything else wrong with us, not having a way of playing under lampard is part of the bigger problem.
If the FSW was still in charge we would be relegated already. The man ripped the heart out of the club. Lampard is in the process of resuscitation. It will be a close call and the last rites have been administered but hopefully we will pull through

I personally want him to stay and have a crack at building a team.

He's clearly intelligent and passionate and what will we gain from someone else? ANOTHER manager.

We've actually fell lucky with the quality of coaching staff we have now. I'd rather see them work with some new players, then the same dross attempt to play under another regime

Status
Not open for further replies.