Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
My gut feeling is that we are done, worse still is that I think we will be in the doldrums for a decade. I suppose the silver lining as that we won't have to play a derby game for a few years and if we might forget how awful they've been and actually enjoy them again in future.
Until we get drubbed by Tranmere in League One.

Well ain't you a charmer, in every message I've posted I've been positive about Everton as i have a huge soft spot for you, and you are the first to even show a bit of hostility, is it your time of the month? Or is this your normal personality? If yes you must be rather upset.

But back to the point I would much rather have points in hand it might not be many and we've been as bad as each other this season. A hell of a lot will depend on tomorrow night.

And for what it's worth I think for 60 minutes today you were the better team and probably didn't deserve to lose.

Now I don't want to argue, I don't see the point I've had interesting conversations on here so shall we call it quits?
You said it wasn't in our hands: we have a game in hand over a team two points above us.

Given what we have right now and what other teams have, and given who we and they face in the run in, it's hard to make a good case to stay up...that's how damaging the last week has been.

But just one more round of games and another set of results can transform it all again.

Focus on beating Chelsea.

If we achieve that and either Burnley or Leeds fail to win their games, we earn the right to look at this table again and become realistically positive again.

It's grim. It's upsetting. But it's not over. Not by a long chalk.
That's possibly the most composed and thoughtful post I think I've ever read from you. Nothing sensational or provocative, just an honest and sensible view on our situation.
Are you OK Dave?

Status
Not open for further replies.