Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thought that we could easily play the last ever matches at Goodison in the championship, is pretty heartbreaking to be honest.

I never thought football was my DNA so much and I wish it wasn't. First thought every morning when I wake up is relegation lol
There will still be an Everton and life goes on. Devastating of course but other teams have done it and no reason we can't do the same and come back. My non league team I follow have had a couple of relegations and I used to go home and away. It hurt but come August you are ready to go again.
Having said that I don't live in Liverpool so having to face RS jibes every day must be tough.
The ones down here barely know who we are.

There will still be an Everton and life goes on. Devastating of course but other teams have done it and no reason we can't do the same and come back. My non league team I follow have had a couple of relegations and I used to go home and away. It hurt but come August you are ready to go again.
Having said that I don't live in Liverpool so having to face RS jibes every day must be tough.
The ones down here barely know who we are.
Hopefully...

The thought that we could easily play the last ever matches at Goodison in the championship, is pretty heartbreaking to be honest.

I never thought football was my DNA so much and I wish it wasn't. First thought every morning when I wake up is relegation lol
If it happens then the club and the fans absolutely must not go into meltdown. The club must be preparing for the worst now and have a strategy in place in the event we do go down and don't just bounce straight back up.

Honestly I've stopped dreading it because if we do stay up I just am not seeing any signs from the club that they've learned from their mistakes. How have we gotten into this mess? Who has been signing off on the bad players and managers? I just see us in yet another relegation battle if we do stay up because this has been years in the making, just like Leeds and Villa before us. That's what grinds my gears the most, that there have been others who have made these mistakes before us and we have just blindly followed in their footsteps.

If we can get 3 points from Brentford, 3 points from Palace at home and 3 points from Watford away, I think we will stay up and it will probably come down to goal difference. That is assuming we get beat in the games against Chelsea, Leicester and Arsenal. If we get any points in those games, then that is a bonus.

Leeds I think will take a maximum of 5 points, which would leave them level on points with us, though they have a much worse goal difference. Burnley will take 6-7 points from their final games too.

All finishing on 38 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.