Match Thread Liverpool v Everton : Sunday 24th April 2022 : Kick Off 4.30pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We should have defended like that in our last half dozen away games, trying to hit sides on the break.
We'd be three or four points better off than we are now
Completely true.

Not every game is against the second best team in the league.

I'm sure some of the poor teams around us would struggle to break us down.

Inappropriate Language
If you all hate souness clap your hands...
He's the f£#&ing evil Emperor of the cult. Not even ageing....Unbelievable.

17% possession numerous times.

Even spitty, found it difficult...

See you guys in 2 days. For the really important games (perhaps with objective refereeing).

Nevertheless, proud of the lads. Richie, cut the sh£t....

Imagine the last day of the season in this City if the redshiite need to win for title and so do we to stay up, looking likely now.
'Kin riots everywhere if the worse happens.

I don't think it's so much a conspiracy to send us down as it is a very clear goal from the Premier League to have a two-horse title race as long as possible for the media / TV hype. We've just had the very unfortunate luck to find ourselves in the middle of it against the two teams involved in said title race.

And our club at the top is much too spineless to say or do anything about it, so everyone just ignores it and carries on.
I do believe there is various narratives in which entertainment over arch the actual sport of football in the EPL. One was to have current top two being able to win title on last day of season, have them neck and neck as long as possible is good for user content excitement etc. Also, Newcastle once new owners were confirmed was important to keep them in the league. Now for us we are out of these narratives, so the remaining fixtures should officiated with some fairness again.

Status
Not open for further replies.