Match Thread Liverpool v Everton : Sunday 24th April 2022 : Kick Off 4.30pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent fight but where the hell has that level of commitment been all season?!

Absolutely pathetic that the players only decide to show up for these games.

With the exception of Gordon, I’m not having the I’m proud of the players nonsense. We lost and are now in the bottom 3! Just ridiculous
And if you were really harsh you could make the argument that they turned up today because the pressure was off - everyone had written this one off as one of Moshiri's "expected" defeats. I wouldn't be that uncharitable today - they lost to a brilliant side at a place where you are also playing the ref. But I will hold them to this standard starting from the very next game.

No time for feeling sorry for ourselves. We are in the mire now and only we can save ourselves. Burnley were not going to lie down. The question now is: will we?

Thought we played well today and didn't deserve that, as others have said our season starts Monday, they will take a lot from that
Played well? Nope we didnt play. We defended well for 60 minutes. Then Holgate, Coleman and Keane were to tired (stamina is laughable throughout the team) and concentration out of the window.

Frank should say nothing! 12 games lost 8 times. That speaks for itself. I think he should get the sack. The last cards without much hope!
We've actually been getting generally much better in games since he came in. The attitude has been better too. The fact that what we are comparing it too before is so low, so that 'better' still doesn't add up to much, is not his fault.

He has made bad tactical and selection decisions at times, but it is not his fault he has a team full of defenders who can't defend, midfielders who can't rum or pass, a CF who isn't interested and a side where the previous manager thought it was a good idea to sell all of its creativity.

Ultimately if you have a team that can't defend or score, it goes down. Can't lay the blame at Lampard's door for that, no one else could keep this team up. Maybe if they had a full transfer window wo work with- but the same could be said about Lampard.

liverpool had 3 shots in the first half

they finished the game with 18 shots lol
Yeah but WE won the "good effort" award. That's what matters. That'll be something we can hold over them and talk about for 30 years when we're planning our away trips to Hull and Stoke, as they're moving things about trying to make room in the trophy cabinet.

The year is 2079, in the least likely event that has ever happened in human history Liverpool have resigned Divock Origi for one game to play against Everton. Origi is an old man, half blind and has lost both legs to diabetes. Divock Origi scores against Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.