Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gordon has scored more open play goals this season than Sigurdsson did in either of his previous two seasons.
Iceland has 8 goals and 8 assists in his last 2 seasons my friend, Gordon wont score that many in his whole career.

And yes, ive ignored the open play part, due to the fact that football is a sport played in open play and also a considerable amount of set pieces, I refuse and will not exclude a vital aspect of football cos it doesnt fit my agenda.

Iceland has 8 goals and 8 assists in his last 2 seasons my friend, Gordon wont score that many in his whole career.

And yes, ive ignored the open play part, due to the fact that football is a sport played in open play and also a considerable amount of set pieces, I refuse and will not exclude a vital aspect of football cos it doesnt fit my agenda.

I reckon we should let Gordon take our pens next season and see how many he ends up with then.

LOL at people trying to rewrite Sigurdsson’s career. One tiny silver lining from this season has been not having to look at him stain our captain’s armband. I can just as easily make the case that we’ve missed Tom Davies, we were doing fine even this season until he went out the team.
Tom Davies has never made an impact on any game hes played.

So I wish you well.

BUT, I think we have missed him at times, he does a decent job at shielding the defence.

Nar bruv, we dont need our midfielders to score goals, we have Iwobi and Gordon, the running Kings, who needs goals?
I'm not saying Sigurdsson was brilliant by any means, but the obsession with ignoring set plays is extremely weird

We were great at set pieces last year and have been pretty terrible this year. A lot of that is because our delivery has been nowhere near as good. The standard of the corners that Gray and Gordon put in has drove me mad this year.

Pretty acceptable that. Especially compared to our other non-goal scoring midfielders.

Our set piece delivery has been pretty dire this season as well.
He didn't do enough midfielder things to really be called that though. He didn't tackle, didn't defend, he didn't contribute to build up in deeper areas. He spent a large portion of his time here as a second striker, and when he did play midfield he was even worse.

He didn't do enough midfielder things to really be called that though. He didn't tackle, didn't defend, he didn't contribute to build up in deeper areas. He spent a large portion of his time here as a second striker, and when he did play midfield he was even worse.
Yeah most of our midfieldera don't do those things. The difference is they don't create or score either.

The only difference between him and Alli is that Lampard would’ve felt obliged to pick him because he was arbitrarily given the vice captaincy by Dunc or someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.