Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's certainly tipped in our favour but we are absolutely not out of this.

Need favourable results today and Leicester is a MUST win considering the following fixtures
No, we’re not out of it but you have to admit it is one hell of a present!

I’m no fan of Dyche-ball, but he was seemingly unflushable. There’s no question that it will give our lads a psychological boost.

Edit: unless they somehow get big Sam for the last few games.

Burnley talk will be moot if they lose to West Ham and we beat Leicester.

7pts clear then with 7 to play...Burnley then having 3 games in April to our 1.

They would be under enormous pressure under a new manager to get 3 big results before May.

I think that if Burnley lose Sunday to West Ham, we beat a tired Leicester and then Burnley fail to win their game on Friday we would be in a very strong position of probably of only needing 2 wins from 7 games. However, this could still go horribly wrong. If they win one of these 2 games and we fail to beat Leicester we could easily lose the next 3 games and find ourselves right in the brown stuff.

Worth noting if we beat Leicester I think it makes us favourites to over take Leeds if they lose to Crystal Place as their next 3 games are City, Chelsea and Arsenal away.

We can't budget for points against the RS and Chelsea could turn up at GP in the right mood and turn us over.

So, even if Burnley don't take points in the interim, and you'd have to assume they'll take some, with the fixtures the way they are, we'll be still right in the mix mathematically at least for the final 4 games I think.

We must beat Leicester at a minimum. If tomorrow's result goes our way we absolutely must take full advantage. We have to win either way.

It's the Watford/Brentford/Palace games that should pull us safe, provided we haven't lost ground by then. I'm assuming Burnley will take more points than expected. If not then we still have to turn up and fight for our own sake.

Did you read my comment properly? It said he was doing football management to distract himself from the bottle to avoid ending up drinking himself into a state where he just got pissed all day LIKE a washed up waster. That’s what he is trying to avoid. He clearly has a drinking problem, an illness. Managing keeps him busy. It’s a good thing for him otherwise, sadly, his life would risk being a mess. That is no judgement on his career.
This is my second admission of having partaken in the delights of Mr Guiness and Mr Bushmills prior to posting a reply earlier this morning, however it is the Easter weekend so it is allowed. You appear to be factually incorrect in this post, what you said was "like any other fat, washed up waster" thereby, not comparing him to "fat, washed up wasters but placing him squarely in the fat, washed up waster category. Personally I thought he was making a fist of a job at Derby given all their issues and for him to stay there when he had an opportunity to come to Everton was to his credit.
I will defer to you on the points you make in regard to him being an alcoholic and the distractionary tactics he employs as you must have both the medical training and the necessary personal insight into his situation to allow you to make such a concise diagnosis.

We can't budget for points against the RS and Chelsea could turn up at GP in the right mood and turn us over.

So, even if Burnley don't take points in the interim, and you'd have to assume they'll take some, with the fixtures the way they are, we'll be still right in the mix mathematically at least for the final 4 games I think.

We must beat Leicester at a minimum. If tomorrow's result goes our way we absolutely must take full advantage. We have to win either way.

It's the Watford/Brentford/Palace games that should pull us safe, provided we haven't lost ground by then. I'm assuming Burnley will take more points than expected. If not then we still have to turn up and fight for our own sake.

I don’t understand why theres so much talking in absolutes in this thread. Surely the results of the previous week show there’s no rhyme or reason to results.

We don’t have to win against Leicester..

Man Utd and Brentford win today please, need to keep the gap to Watford at 5-6 points. A Watford win might make it a bit close by time we go to play them, a defeat for Watford here and you have to think they are on the brink with their remaining games.

Status
Not open for further replies.