2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess there really is not point in sacking him, as it would take away precious time and resources for getting another group of backroom dudes in, spend time on coaching, etc etc.

We are stuck with this guy. Furthermore, we're stuck with this group of wastrels we call players, too.

I am simply stating how grievous the situation is. Who is in here to lift them up from the mire? Not the manager at least.

Draw your away games
Win a few home games

Lampard has been bold and tried getting us playing on the front foot but we aint good enough.

Even if we go down its a gamble keeping him on as he couldn't get Derby promoted.

Big call to make by Moshiri really.

Allardyce or Nuno if we dropped imo - would both likely get us straight back up even if both are not "exciting" name managers who play easy on the eye stuff.

Just a general comment and not aimed at you in any way, but the Championship for me is a bit of a crapshoot to get promoted from. It's very hard to get 1st/2nd out of 24 teams, and its a long season. Not winning the playoff also depends on the teams form going into the playoffs at the end of the season. I don't think 6th is that bad, and it depends on circumstances. Apparently he had a good team, but 6 out of 24 is basically top 4 out of 20.

But judging him during his time at Everton - Frank just seems an average coach, and also learning his trade, definitely been some mistakes with his tactics and subs.

Edit: His record at Derby was 20wins 14D 12L. It's ok. He did beat 3rd place leeds in a two leg play off. Lost to Villa. Both teams in the Prem.

I don't believe he will be sacked any time soon, and I dont believe he's the problem.

The problem is, Franks choice of a back 4 or 5 is still the same useless bunch of wage stealers as last night. They're not good enough.

Yeah its not really his problem. and if we were safe I'd want him to stay. But my guess is - the board will do whatever they can to stay up. usually its the manager that loses their job.

The moment he came out publically and started calling the players gutless, lacking balls etc. You knew his time was up.

Very naive thing to do throwing the players under a bus publically especially when you haven't hit the ground running.

75% of the problem is the players but I think Ancelotti / Alladyce shown you can scrape midtable with this bunch by going back to very basics and being tough to beat.

Awful manager who has done nothing to turn around our fortunes. Great idea to bring in 100k Dele Alli and play Jonjoe Kenny at left back though.

Because our previous manager sold our best left back and brought in a huge downgrade who's country is currently getting blown to bits.

Status
Not open for further replies.