2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beating Brentford 4-1 and Leeds 3-0 made it look like he might be able to do something.

Looks to me like the players have given it all in those games and then reverted to type.

Let’s be honest though, we actually looked decent and put the effort in v City.
They’ve got it in them, it’s just frustrating that more often then not they haven’t but they’ll get away with it again and again

Ok, so Frank..

- Call the players in individually and ask them if they want to be at Everton football club next season. If not or if there is any hesitation then jettison them from the squad.

- Choose a back 4 and stick with it. At this point I’m going Patterson.Keane.Holgate.Godfrey.

- Play a 4-3-3 every single week so everybody knows their role.

- Mix up the substitutions. Give Dobbin or El Ghazi a chance.

Surprised Dobbin is out the frame too

I simply don’t believe that. We never gave him the tools and Man Utd never gave him any time. Both us and Man Utd have gone majorly backwards due to our hire and fire approach.

The way he has consolidated at West Ham with a tiny squad of players is very impressive. McLean, Fergie and Moyes are all major overachievers relative to resources.
Right, and what did the rest not give him?

Cuz it seems to be everyone not giving him a chance, or money, or something. Fact is, he's won nothing with Wham. He got massively in over his head at the "Chosen one" position at United, Spain was humiliating.

Is it impressive what he's done at Wham and what he did for us in the past? Absolutely. It's not winning though.

He's won a total of 1 trophy and it was against a relegated and gutless Wigan, the Community Shield. The Wigan that humiliated our stable side though, don't forget that - as that was the cup run, out early as always.

Winners win everywhere they go. Not just "stabilise and find excuses", actually win. Regardless of the circumstances, they find ways to come on top.

Not in the same bracket as Fergie, who took over teams and on a budget made them not only "stable", made them actual winners, winning things - cups, leagues, European competitions, the works.

Approach at both teams were ultra crap though, you're spot on. Shame they have the resources, but also can you imagine playing close to half a mil a week to Marcus Rashford?! 'Sake

Beating Brentford 4-1 and Leeds 3-0 made it look like he might be able to do something.

Looks to me like the players have given it all in those games and then reverted to type.

Let’s be honest though, we actually looked decent and put the effort in v City.

Benitez got a reaction (4 wins from 6 at the start). Lampard got a huge reaction with the big 2 home wins. Sustaining it is another matter, it's new manager effect.

Brentford and Leeds were both very open and below par and we were able to pick them off. Wolves are a well organised side and make it tough to break them down.

It would appear a select few have been waiting in the wings to start calling for his head.

Asking him stand down, whilst Allardyce takes the reigns, until the end of the season is also gaining traction.

With fans like this, we’ve got the club we deserve.
That in itself is the most mind bogglingly dumbest plea if ever seen someone post on here, and there’s been some dumb ones, I suspect the chief poster is of the rouge constituency

The other one is again calling for Ferguson to be in charge

That in itself is the most mind bogglingly dumbest plea if ever seen someone post on here, and there’s been some dumb ones, I suspect the chief poster is of the rouge constituency

The other one is again calling for Ferguson to be in charge
Why mate? Barry Ferguson recently left Alloa, it'd be an easy hire.

I think he needs to decide on a system and persevere with it. Admittedly that has been made harder with injuries and poor performances, but the consequence is reacting and changing the system every game and the idiotic players we’ve got can’t cope with change! On Thursday I’d go;

———Pickford———
Patterson-Holgate-Branthwaite-Godfrey
——Doucoure——VDB——Allan——
——Gray—DCL—Richarlison——

Status
Not open for further replies.