Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t wait for the day when good ole bill celebrates us winning the championship! Sorry I’m really pi##ed off right now.

I know there is a lot of negativity on here tonight but I’ve got faith Frank can turn our fortunes around, We’ve got to hold our nerve. Braithwaite and Van de beek were positives tonight I think Deli will come good given time. We didn’t deal with Saint Maximin at all when Mina went off and if he wasn’t playing I think we would have got a result tonight. A little patience and I think we will pull clear blood some youth and purge the deadwood and the end of the season. Townsend was very disappointing tonight felt he got bullied by Trippier. Gordon was my MOM by a distance.

Everton players now really do need to go to a Marine or Skem Utd match to learn the traits of pride, bottle and never say die. They are truly rotten to the core and never, ever rise to the occasion. No matter what support they get. Championship could be the real reset for us.

I thought I was done with Everton a few weeks back, and now here I am with renewed optimism nervous to see how we perform.

If we revert to type and crumble I'll be gutted as it feels like a fresh start, a win though and it could be a great springboard to blasting up the table and away from trouble before a difficult run.

Why do I put myself through this.

How you doing now buddy? When I read your post I knew deep down we were goosed. I just didn't think it'd be this quick.

As per my comment in Guardian

Today would have been my father's birthday. It's his design that made me an Everton fan. He also reminded me just how unlucky Everton have always been as a football club. Not for them easy passage into Fairs Cup, not for them rule changes that are beneficial, not for them referees who offer up unreasoned logic for strange decisions - instead League titles lost in the fog at Maine Road when 3-0 leads are cancelled out. Instead for them their leading man out for most of the season and back lacking match fitness.

For them bullied into submission and not protected by one of the best refs in the PL or VAR- where Shelvey deserved a red card for a piece of thuggery, where Scharr deserved two yellows - one for the challenge, one for the severity of it - where Gordon (our sole threat after Gray was injured) was targeted off the ball (and no one noticed), where cute actions earn the opposition cheap free kicks and the omnipresent threat of another corner to defend (thanks to a misdirected clearance) puts us on edge - we concede cheap goals and even these go unquestioned when players stand offside in front of Pickford - because, yes, without doubt, we were rubbish, we submitted under the threat of the brilliantly talented, cute, easily falling ASM and others.. Gordon takes one in the face, takes a sly kick from Trippier and then reacts badly - it's a wonder he didn't get a red card for a non connecting act of revenge.

Clearly that's all that's needed to turn Everton over - get into their faces, eliminate the 2 threats (Gray (but he was injured through no intervention) and Gordon. The rest are a shambles. Gomes can't pass - several others were anonymous.

And there's our old enemy luck again - Mina, Gray, DCL, Doucoure, Godfrey, Gbamin, Davies, Delph etc..

ASM today btw.

He took 4 players with him on every run, totally opening up space for every other Newcastle attacker.

When was the last time Everton had a player like that?

We don't have one in this squad that's for sure
We had a world class player but he liked to play games on twitch and got moaned at coz he didn’t know who we played next week. Then we sold him and got Rondon in.

A truly abysmal performance.

Newcastle's players wanted that more than ours (enabled with getting away with all kinds by the ref).

We were feeble from the moment they went ahead and the defence and midfield were embarrassing all game.

Van Der Beek looked promising is the only positive I can take from that.

I get that supporting a club gives us an identity and a sense of community. I genuinely love this forum (for the most part) and interacting with all of you guys, whether we agree with each other or not, but on the football side of things I’m done.

I simply can’t afford to invest my emotional energy into this team anymore. It’s definitely a “me” problem as I have real trouble managing my anger and frustration when we’re crap, and we’ve had such a sustained period of crapness that I’ve had to just let go.

I’ll always check in on the results and I’ll defo always post on here but every single other thing going on in my life is taking priority over this from now on.
I recommend a consistent meditation practice. It’s the only thing that has enabled me to survive Everton for all these years. Pick any one you like but make it a daily practice. I promise you’ll be able to watch the lads and not get depressed. Hang in there.

And I still think the main issue was we got dragged into a fight.

That t*t Holgate passing it straight back to them after we'd scored.

We get to HT at 1-0 and we don't lose that game
Agreed, lack of nous once again. Happens far too often with our players.

Not in absolute despair over the result though. It can happen. Newcastle will win a lot more games at home from now on, I reckon.

The bigger worry is how the injuries to Gray and Mina saw us absolutely fall apart again, especially Mina. If we're without those two for a significant length of time - and in the case of Mina, let's face it, we will be - I don't see any good solutions in the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.