Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
…agree, but everybody will be aware of how toxic the club is now. I suppose he could be encouraged that the fans appear to be behind his appointment.

Thankfully i think, just like Periera is, he'll be aware of the support he has from large numbers of fans on Social Media.

As a player.

He was training in that team every day, he was around that kind of success throughout his entire career.

It’s not FM22 where you just turn into a staff member and get generated a ‘defensive’ stat.

He knows the ins and outs of how a team defends and how teams are set up.

You think? Ancelotti camped the midfield in front of them because he knew none of them can defend. The been there and done the absolute lot manager saw what they were/are.
Any new manager HAS to start shipping them all out of the club.

Both CM and defence are piss poor right now. We need competent replacements. Our best CM is Doucoure and even he isn’t that good, the rest simply aren’t good enough for the Premier League.

He was training in that team every day, he was around that kind of success throughout his entire career.

It’s not FM22 where you just turn into a staff member and get generated a ‘defensive’ stat.

He knows the ins and outs of how a team defends and how teams are set up.

Yet people are saying that his Chelsea side were weak when he had the opportunity to manage them. I don’t think playing in a side that is good at defending makes you a great defensive manager. If it did, Ray Parlour would be a great defensive manager.

Did he fail at Chelsea though?

First season he got them in the Champions League under a transfer ban. His second season was a case of trying to fit in £200m worth of signings that he had no say in getting into his team, his second season he got sacked 11 points behind the League Leaders, if thats a bad season id take that every year mate.
They are 10 points behind the league leaders now having played a game more. (Only 5 games further into the season than when lampard was sacked). Should tuchel be worrying?

As been told previously, Ancelotti's season doesn't count due to covid so by the same argument, there should be understanding given to lampard and to managing through covid. His first season is more reflective of his skills as a manager.

His work with the younger players was excellent which is what we need right now when we are cash strapped. And we do have some decent younger players. Patterson, branthwaite, Gordon, Dobbin, DCL, onyango.

Did he fail at Chelsea though?

First season he got them in the Champions League under a transfer ban. His second season was a case of trying to fit in £200m worth of signings that he had no say in getting into his team, his second season he got sacked 11 points behind the League Leaders, if thats a bad season id take that every year mate.
Everything is relative. His second season they woefully underachieved. Just look at where Tuchel took them. Would he be able to galvanise a cast of much lesser players to avoid relegation? I'd think so, but who knows.

But I hear you. Perhaps he was fighting uphill on a few off the field things, and deserves another shot here.

Both CM and defence are piss poor right now. We need competent replacements. Our best CM is Doucoure and even he isn’t that good, the rest simply aren’t good enough for the Premier League.

I agree. You are not still at watford at the age of 27 for no reason. He has his games but so many times a quality pass or weighted ball just go astray.
But the defence is more priority. The goals against this season is actualy that of a relegation team

Player manager??? , look he's young, hungry has experience, knows the prem and the championship......... He's not too bad looking, has a name in the game erm free agent, point to prove, will use the fans to galvanise the team, no everton baggage, fresh ideas, good with younger players and has plenty of contacts for loans especially with Chelsea. With the position we are in I'd say he ticks more than enough boxes. Yeah not every ones cup of tea but certainly the best that we could probably get. I'm in hope it's not Pereira please please not him. Stay calm everyone I know it's bloody hard...

I never wanted Lampard. His failure at Chelsea does not instill confidence for me coming into this situation.

But make no mistake, if apparently the only choice is between him or the guy that manages in Turkey or China and won a two team league in Portugal, I'm with Lampard all day.

What an utter shambles our club is
This is where I am too.

Status
Not open for further replies.